GPO for Internet Explorer Programs

I know in Windows 2003 AD there is a policy for setting the default
Internet Explorer settings for Tools > Internet Options > Programs,
however when I go to set a policy for this, there is no option for
setting the default HTML editor to anything other than notepad. Is
there any way to set it to Microsoft Word? Since I have that menu
locked down for non administrative users, they can not set it
themselves, and the Word option does not seem to be available to them
by default. If I log into the same systems as an admin, Word is an
option for an HTML editor in the navbar.

Thanks.

JR
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer programs

    Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "JR" wrote:

    | I know in Windows 2003 AD there is a policy for setting the default
    | Internet Explorer settings for Tools > Internet Options > Programs,
    | however when I go to set a policy for this, there is no option for
    | setting the default HTML editor to anything other than notepad. Is
    | there any way to set it to Microsoft Word? Since I have that menu
    | locked down for non administrative users, they can not set it
    | themselves, and the Word option does not seem to be available to them
    | by default. If I log into the same systems as an admin, Word is an
    | option for an HTML editor in the navbar.
    |
    | Thanks.
    |
    | JR

Internet Explorer Windows Server 2003 Windows XP