Not able to acc ess Win XP after SP2 updated!!!

March 20, 2005 8:59:02 PM

I have ownloaded the windows update sp2 patch, and right
afterwards, i reboot my notebook.After boot up, it prompted me for the login
password, but I tried several time with a correct password, still not able to
access to Windows.. Why??? It that sp2 itself auto set the password for us??

Please help .......
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:47:27 AM

Eric;
SP-2 does not set a password.
Check Caps Lock.
Try leaving the password blank.
Otherwise something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have ownloaded the windows update sp2 patch, and right
> afterwards, i reboot my notebook.After boot up, it prompted me for the
> login
> password, but I tried several time with a correct password, still not able
> access to Windows.. Why??? It that sp2 itself auto set the password for
> us??
>
> Please help .......
March 21, 2005 2:15:02 AM

Jupitar,

I have tried what you mention but still the same.
After I completed install sp2 and reboot the notebook, after that it ask me
login which I have create the user acount early and didn't put the password.
Then i leave the password blank but still not able to access and there is a
error msgs "parameter incorretc". I tried to bootup into safe mode using
administrator a/cc to login windows, i enter the password but still not albe
to access.
Then I reboot the system then press F8 again then choose "Last Know Good
Configuration" then i tried used my user a/cc w/o password and adminstrator
a/cc with password, then able to login... what wrong?? pls help...

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
> Eric;
> SP-2 does not set a password.
> Check Caps Lock.
> Try leaving the password blank.
> Otherwise something here should help:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have ownloaded the windows update sp2 patch, and right
> > afterwards, i reboot my notebook.After boot up, it prompted me for the
> > login
> > password, but I tried several time with a correct password, still not able
> > access to Windows.. Why??? It that sp2 itself auto set the password for
> > us??
> >
> > Please help .......

March 21, 2005 9:31:13 AM

Eric wrote:

> Jupitar,
>
> I have tried what you mention but still the same.
> After I completed install sp2 and reboot the notebook, after that it
> ask me login which I have create the user acount early and didn't put
> the password. Then i leave the password blank but still not able to
> access and there is a error msgs "parameter incorretc". I tried to
> bootup into safe mode using administrator a/cc to login windows, i
> enter the password but still not albe to access.
> Then I reboot the system then press F8 again then choose "Last Know
> Good Configuration" then i tried used my user a/cc w/o password and
> adminstrator a/cc with password, then able to login... what wrong??
> pls help...
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>> Eric;
>> SP-2 does not set a password.
>> Check Caps Lock.
>> Try leaving the password blank.
>> Otherwise something here should help:
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm

This is a known issue on some computers with the Windows Update
KB885835. As you have discovered, you are able to log in after choosing
"Last Known Good Configuration". Some people have reported that they do
not have to remove the Update; others have said they needed to
uninstall it. Your choice.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User