Sign in with
Your question

Help me please

Last response: in Mac Os X
March 7, 2012 11:24:56 PM

Hello.
I have had two accounts of mine hacked: minecraft and Skype. The mine craft account was hacked a couple months ago, and I thought little of it. Then one of my friends on Skype got hacked, and then I got hacked just this weekend. The hacker sent a file out to all of my contacts that was dangerous, I don't know exactly what it was. At the moment, I am experiencing no unusual problems but I don't know whether something is in my computer that is accessible to the hacker and I don't know where to look or how to get rid of it. I have a mac running lion. Please help if you know anything about situations like this. Thanks.
-chris

More about : question

a b 8 Security
March 7, 2012 11:47:20 PM

Hi :) 

Oops forgot to add it sounds like you have a Virus or a Trojan...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 8, 2012 12:08:02 AM

Trojan it is indeed
m
l
March 8, 2012 1:12:06 AM

chris3535 said:
Hello.
I have had two accounts of mine hacked: minecraft and Skype. The mine craft account was hacked a couple months ago, and I thought little of it. Then one of my friends on Skype got hacked, and then I got hacked just this weekend. The hacker sent a file out to all of my contacts that was dangerous, I don't know exactly what it was. At the moment, I am experiencing no unusual problems but I don't know whether something is in my computer that is accessible to the hacker and I don't know where to look or how to get rid of it. I have a mac running lion. Please help if you know anything about situations like this. Thanks.
-chris
I would contact Skype ifI were you asap and tell them what happened.Change your password immediately also.
m
l
March 8, 2012 9:39:44 AM

This next topics has been merged by Amdfangirl
  • Help me please
    m
    l
    March 9, 2012 1:06:29 AM

Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :) 

Oops forgot to add it sounds like you have a Virus or a Trojan...

All the best Brett :) 
    I see you are no help to this fellow's problem.
    m
    l
    March 10, 2012 7:44:48 PM

chris3535 said:
    Hello.
    -chris

Here is an account of a friend of mine of what happened. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38030-63-undetectable...
    Also, I made a new Skype account, and it too was hacked.
    What are some good free programs that I can run to hopefully get rid of this or what other steps should I take?
    m
    l
    March 10, 2012 8:46:40 PM

any reputable anti-virus will clean the nasties and keep them away in the future... also never using a password even twice and changing them even twice a year will go a huge way to keeping hackers out of where they dont belong.
    m
    l
    March 11, 2012 12:38:40 AM

chris3535 said:
    Here is an account of a friend of mine of what happened. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38030-63-undetectable...
    Also, I made a new Skype account, and it too was hacked.
    What are some good free programs that I can run to hopefully get rid of this or what other steps should I take?
    Use Sophos which is free and a good anti virus program for Macs.
    m
    l
    March 13, 2012 3:35:49 AM

It sounds like some kind of malicious software, to be in safer zone try comodo antivirus software.
    m
    l
    March 13, 2012 3:35:58 AM

It sounds like some kind of malicious software, to be in safer zone try comodo antivirus software.
    m
    l
    March 14, 2012 1:58:25 AM

Hansy said:
    Never heard of this software at all.Is this a 3rd party app?
    m
    l
    March 20, 2012 1:29:56 PM

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the help. I ended up erasing my hard drive and resetting my mac, but I also transferred files through a backup disk. They were all pictures and music. Malicious software could not hide inside those could it? I am also turning on mac security features such as file vault and I will be buying a reputable anti virus software soon. I would just like to make sure that the virus is completely gone. Is erasing the hard drive a way to do that? I haven't been touched since I erased the hard drive, but I want to be absolutely sure that it is gone. Thanks again.
    -chris
    m
    l
    March 21, 2012 1:31:29 AM

chris3535 said:
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the help. I ended up erasing my hard drive and resetting my mac, but I also transferred files through a backup disk. They were all pictures and music. Malicious software could not hide inside those could it? I am also turning on mac security features such as file vault and I will be buying a reputable anti virus software soon. I would just like to make sure that the virus is completely gone. Is erasing the hard drive a way to do that? I haven't been touched since I erased the hard drive, but I want to be absolutely sure that it is gone. Thanks again.Sophos is a free anti virus program and it works. try it before buying anything and wasting your money.
    -chris

m
    l
    !