Help me please

Hello.
I have had two accounts of mine hacked: minecraft and Skype. The mine craft account was hacked a couple months ago, and I thought little of it. Then one of my friends on Skype got hacked, and then I got hacked just this weekend. The hacker sent a file out to all of my contacts that was dangerous, I don't know exactly what it was. At the moment, I am experiencing no unusual problems but I don't know whether something is in my computer that is accessible to the hacker and I don't know where to look or how to get rid of it. I have a mac running lion. Please help if you know anything about situations like this. Thanks.
-chris
14 answers Last reply
More about help please
  1. Hi :)

Oops forgot to add it sounds like you have a Virus or a Trojan...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Trojan it is indeed
  3. chris3535 said:
    Hello.
    I have had two accounts of mine hacked: minecraft and Skype. The mine craft account was hacked a couple months ago, and I thought little of it. Then one of my friends on Skype got hacked, and then I got hacked just this weekend. The hacker sent a file out to all of my contacts that was dangerous, I don't know exactly what it was. At the moment, I am experiencing no unusual problems but I don't know whether something is in my computer that is accessible to the hacker and I don't know where to look or how to get rid of it. I have a mac running lion. Please help if you know anything about situations like this. Thanks.
    -chris
    I would contact Skype ifI were you asap and tell them what happened.Change your password immediately also.
  4. This next topics has been merged by Amdfangirl
    Help me please
  5. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

Oops forgot to add it sounds like you have a Virus or a Trojan...

All the best Brett :)
    I see you are no help to this fellow's problem.
  6. chris3535 said:
    Hello.
    -chris

Here is an account of a friend of mine of what happened. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38030-63-undetectable-malware#t162744
    Also, I made a new Skype account, and it too was hacked.
    What are some good free programs that I can run to hopefully get rid of this or what other steps should I take?
  7. any reputable anti-virus will clean the nasties and keep them away in the future... also never using a password even twice and changing them even twice a year will go a huge way to keeping hackers out of where they dont belong.
  8. chris3535 said:
    Here is an account of a friend of mine of what happened. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38030-63-undetectable-malware#t162744
    Also, I made a new Skype account, and it too was hacked.
    What are some good free programs that I can run to hopefully get rid of this or what other steps should I take?
    Use Sophos which is free and a good anti virus program for Macs.
  9. It sounds like some kind of malicious software, to be in safer zone try comodo antivirus software.
  10. It sounds like some kind of malicious software, to be in safer zone try comodo antivirus software.
  11. Hansy said:
    It sounds like some kind of malicious software, to be in safer zone try comodo antivirus software.
    Never heard of this software at all.Is this a 3rd party app?
  12. Hey guys,
    Thanks for the help. I ended up erasing my hard drive and resetting my mac, but I also transferred files through a backup disk. They were all pictures and music. Malicious software could not hide inside those could it? I am also turning on mac security features such as file vault and I will be buying a reputable anti virus software soon. I would just like to make sure that the virus is completely gone. Is erasing the hard drive a way to do that? I haven't been touched since I erased the hard drive, but I want to be absolutely sure that it is gone. Thanks again.
    -chris
  13. chris3535 said:
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the help. I ended up erasing my hard drive and resetting my mac, but I also transferred files through a backup disk. They were all pictures and music. Malicious software could not hide inside those could it? I am also turning on mac security features such as file vault and I will be buying a reputable anti virus software soon. I would just like to make sure that the virus is completely gone. Is erasing the hard drive a way to do that? I haven't been touched since I erased the hard drive, but I want to be absolutely sure that it is gone. Thanks again.Sophos is a free anti virus program and it works. try it before buying anything and wasting your money.
    -chris
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Hacked Skype Mac OS X