Firewall Exceptions list lost after joining the domain

We are designing and setting up a new Infrastructure with Windows 2003
Servers and Windows XP Pro Workstations.
The Workstation Profile has been setup on 1 Desktop (with the profile copied
to Default User) with the Firewall exceptions and then Ghosted to other pc's.
When the Desktop joins the Domain the default profile is loaded but the
Firewall Exceptions are lost (Even if you login as the local user which the
default profile was setup with).
2 answers Last reply
More about firewall exceptions list lost joining domain

    "David Harris"
    > We are designing and setting up a new Infrastructure with Windows 2003
    > Servers and Windows XP Pro Workstations.
    > The Workstation Profile has been setup on 1 Desktop (with the profile
    copied
    > to Default User) with the Firewall exceptions and then Ghosted to other
    pc's.
    > When the Desktop joins the Domain the default profile is loaded but the
    > Firewall Exceptions are lost (Even if you login as the local user which
    the
    > default profile was setup with).

    David,

    I guess this is because of computer policy.
    Start GpEdit.msc.
    Go to Computer Conf/Admin templ/Network/Network Connection/Windows Firewall

    There is a "Domain profile" key in which there is a "allow local port
    exception" entry.

    I guess that your problem has something to do with it.

    For further information, read the article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

    (For troubleshooting policies don't forget about Rsop.msc)

    You may want to include those setting in your default domain policies (or
    your workstation OU GPO)

    --Richard.

    "David Harris"
    > We are designing and setting up a new Infrastructure with Windows 2003
    > Servers and Windows XP Pro Workstations.
    > The Workstation Profile has been setup on 1 Desktop (with the profile
    copied
    > to Default User) with the Firewall exceptions and then Ghosted to other
    pc's.
    > When the Desktop joins the Domain the default profile is loaded but the
    > Firewall Exceptions are lost (Even if you login as the local user which
    the
    > default profile was setup with).

    David,

    I guess this is because of computer policy.
    Start GpEdit.msc
    Go to Computer Conf/Admin Templ/Network/Network Connection/Windows Firewall
    There is a "Domain profile" key in which there is a "allow local port
    exception" entry.
    I guess that your problem has something to do with it.
    For further information, read the article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

    (For troubleshooting policies, don't forget about rsop.msc)

    You may want to include those setting in your default domain policies (or
    your workstation's OU GPO)

    --Richard.

Default Firewalls Windows XP