Schedule Tasks Function

I can't get the Schedule Tasks function to work, it ask me for a password, it
doesn't accept my sign on, it says information can't be set, I'm trying to
run disk clean schedule, please help
--
M.Simpson

Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm and scroll down to:
"Scheduled Tasks - Applying/Running tasks without a password­"

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558

HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"M.Simpson" wrote:

| I can't get the Schedule Tasks function to work, it ask me for a password, it
| doesn't accept my sign on, it says information can't be set, I'm trying to
| run disk clean schedule, please help
| --
| M.Simpson

Reinstall all drivers for problem devices.

"M.Simpson" wrote:

> I can't get the Schedule Tasks function to work, it ask me for a password, it
> doesn't accept my sign on, it says information can't be set, I'm trying to
> run disk clean schedule, please help
> --
> M.Simpson

M. Simpson

If you are logged on as a member of the Administrator Group it will accept
the password you use to log on to Windows. Otherwise you need to use "The
Administrator's" password. if you have not set one it is probably blank.

Setting the schedule for DiskClean is not completely straight forward as you
have to specify the volume to be defragmented if you do not know the
switches I suggest you look at this guide
http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/tasks/sch_disk_cln.htm

Setup the schedule and enter the password. Close the scheduler, then right
click on the task you have just created. If (the exe file is in
%SystemRoot%\System32\cleanmgr.exe). If it starts then you are Ok stop it
and close the scheduler and disk Clean will run at the time you chose on the
volume selected. If it does not start you have not entered the correct
password and you have got to try again until you put in the right one.--

Uncle John

Great answer. You been working long at fixing computers? NOT! You aren't
even close to the correct answer.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"TheThaiTech" <TheThaiTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Reinstall all drivers for problem devices.
>
> "M.Simpson" wrote:
>
>> I can't get the Schedule Tasks function to work, it ask me for a
>> password, it
>> doesn't accept my sign on, it says information can't be set, I'm trying
>> run disk clean schedule, please help
>> --
>> M.Simpson

I did't reply to this discussion. I don't know how it got here.