error 403 (fobidden)

HI,
Just upgraded from home edition to pro edition everything so far seems fine
apart from one thing?
i cant seem to download anything from the net every time i try i get this
message
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
credentials you supplied.
HTTP 403 (forbidden)
can anybody help,
thanks,
lukawa.
2 answers Last reply
More about error fobidden

    For Internet Explorer assistance:

    Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "lukawa" <lukawa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    | HI,
    | Just upgraded from home edition to pro edition everything so far seems fine
    | apart from one thing?
    | i cant seem to download anything from the net every time i try i get this
    | message
    | You are not authorized to view this page
    | You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
    | credentials you supplied.
    | HTTP 403 (forbidden)
    | can anybody help,
    | thanks,
    | lukawa.

    hi carey,not quite sure that was the right page for me i got a bit confused
    way above my head,but the other downloads for repairing ie give me the same
    prob getting on the download page is fine hit the download button and i get
    the error this is on every diff type iv tried im not sure if its ie or sp2?
    thanks anyway,

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > For Internet Explorer assistance:
    >
    > Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "lukawa" <lukawa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > | HI,
    > | Just upgraded from home edition to pro edition everything so far seems fine
    > | apart from one thing?
    > | i cant seem to download anything from the net every time i try i get this
    > | message
    > | You are not authorized to view this page
    > | You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
    > | credentials you supplied.
    > | HTTP 403 (forbidden)
    > | can anybody help,
    > | thanks,