Nvidia Firewall and Windows XP Pro SP2

Hi Guy's,

Anyone out there got the Nvidia firewall to work on SP2 XP Pro. When I load
the software it restricts my braodband to only 12 K download speed, from
approx 37K (300kbytes Line).

There's not much in the way of support yet on there site either.

Dazzer

Sys:

Abit AN8 Fatality (NF4 Ultra)
AMD64 3500+ (90nm)
1GB DDR400MHz 128bit dual channnel (2x512MB)
Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E
Creative Audigy
Dimond Max Plus 9 HDD x3 (SATA)
DVD/CD, CDRW & DVDRW IDE drives

You may wish to contact NVIDIA since your issue is not
an issue with Windows XP itself:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforcead.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dazzer" wrote:

| Hi Guy's,
|
| Anyone out there got the Nvidia firewall to work on SP2 XP Pro. When I load
| the software it restricts my braodband to only 12 K download speed, from
| approx 37K (300kbytes Line).
|
| There's not much in the way of support yet on there site either.
|

| Dazzer
|
| Sys:
|
| Abit AN8 Fatality (NF4 Ultra)
| AMD64 3500+ (90nm)
| 1GB DDR400MHz 128bit dual channnel (2x512MB)
| Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E
| Creative Audigy
| Dimond Max Plus 9 HDD x3 (SATA)
| DVD/CD, CDRW & DVDRW IDE drives

Also,

When I first installed the NV firewall my download maximum speed was
restricted to only 12K (128Kbts upstream speed), then I removed it due to
the issue previously described and I seem to be receiving less packets on my
TCP/IP connection then I send, as if the RX/TX function has been reversed.

Any ideas?

Dazzer

> You may wish to contact NVIDIA since your issue is not
> an issue with Windows XP itself:
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforcead.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Dazzer" wrote:
>
> | Hi Guy's,
> |
> | Anyone out there got the Nvidia firewall to work on SP2 XP Pro. When I
> load
> | the software it restricts my braodband to only 12 K download speed, from
> | approx 37K (300kbytes Line).
> |
> | There's not much in the way of support yet on there site either.
> |

> | Dazzer
> |
> | Sys:
> |
> | Abit AN8 Fatality (NF4 Ultra)
> | AMD64 3500+ (90nm)
> | 1GB DDR400MHz 128bit dual channnel (2x512MB)
> | Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E
> | Creative Audigy
> | Dimond Max Plus 9 HDD x3 (SATA)
> | DVD/CD, CDRW & DVDRW IDE drives

For issues related to firewalls:

Please visit the Windows Firewall newsgroup experts:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP