Nvidia Firewall and Windows XP Pro SP2

Hi Guy's,

Anyone out there got the Nvidia firewall to work on SP2 XP Pro. When I load
the software it restricts my braodband to only 12 K download speed, from
approx 37K (300kbytes Line).

There's not much in the way of support yet on there site either.

Dazzer

Sys:

Abit AN8 Fatality (NF4 Ultra)
AMD64 3500+ (90nm)
1GB DDR400MHz 128bit dual channnel (2x512MB)
Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E
Creative Audigy
Dimond Max Plus 9 HDD x3 (SATA)
DVD/CD, CDRW & DVDRW IDE drives
3 answers Last reply
More about nvidia firewall windows

    You may wish to contact NVIDIA since your issue is not
    an issue with Windows XP itself:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforcead.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Dazzer" wrote:

    | Hi Guy's,
    |
    | Anyone out there got the Nvidia firewall to work on SP2 XP Pro. When I load
    | the software it restricts my braodband to only 12 K download speed, from
    | approx 37K (300kbytes Line).
    |
    | There's not much in the way of support yet on there site either.
    |

    | Dazzer
    |
    | Sys:
    |
    | Abit AN8 Fatality (NF4 Ultra)
    | AMD64 3500+ (90nm)
    | 1GB DDR400MHz 128bit dual channnel (2x512MB)
    | Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E
    | Creative Audigy
    | Dimond Max Plus 9 HDD x3 (SATA)
    | DVD/CD, CDRW & DVDRW IDE drives

    Also,

    When I first installed the NV firewall my download maximum speed was
    restricted to only 12K (128Kbts upstream speed), then I removed it due to
    the issue previously described and I seem to be receiving less packets on my
    TCP/IP connection then I send, as if the RX/TX function has been reversed.

    Any ideas?

    Dazzer

    > You may wish to contact NVIDIA since your issue is not
    > an issue with Windows XP itself:
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforcead.html
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Dazzer" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi Guy's,
    > |
    > | Anyone out there got the Nvidia firewall to work on SP2 XP Pro. When I
    > load
    > | the software it restricts my braodband to only 12 K download speed, from
    > | approx 37K (300kbytes Line).
    > |
    > | There's not much in the way of support yet on there site either.
    > |

    > | Dazzer
    > |
    > | Sys:
    > |
    > | Abit AN8 Fatality (NF4 Ultra)
    > | AMD64 3500+ (90nm)
    > | 1GB DDR400MHz 128bit dual channnel (2x512MB)
    > | Nvidia 6800GT PCI-E
    > | Creative Audigy
    > | Dimond Max Plus 9 HDD x3 (SATA)
    > | DVD/CD, CDRW & DVDRW IDE drives

    For issues related to firewalls:

    Please visit the Windows Firewall newsgroup experts:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Dazzer" wrote:

    | Also,
    |
    | When I first installed the NV firewall my download maximum speed was
    | restricted to only 12K (128Kbts upstream speed), then I removed it due to
    | the issue previously described and I seem to be receiving less packets on my
    | TCP/IP connection then I send, as if the RX/TX function has been reversed.
    |
    | Any ideas?
    |

    | Dazzer

Firewalls Nvidia Windows XP