TV Capture with AIW 9600XT Help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 22, 2004 11:43:33 AM

I have a 2.53MHZ pentium with 384MB of RAM and a 250GB 7200 RPM HD.
The TV capture and replay (Tivo function) on my new AIW 9600XT are
horrendous!! I've tried disabling my antiviral software to no avail.
Do you have any suggestions to prevent the dropped frames and freezes?

Thanks!

More about : capture aiw 9600xt

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:18:12 PM

On 22 Sep 2004 07:43:33 -0700, powdercarrot@hotmail.com (PC) wrote:

>I have a 2.53MHZ pentium with 384MB of RAM and a 250GB 7200 RPM HD.
>The TV capture and replay (Tivo function) on my new AIW 9600XT are
>horrendous!! I've tried disabling my antiviral software to no avail.
>Do you have any suggestions to prevent the dropped frames and freezes?

I don't know, but you're not alone. I have similar problems with my
AIW 9600.

---
Replace you know what by j to email
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:56:13 AM

powdercarrot@hotmail.com (PC) wrote in news:6a4bcf53.0409220643.64ec2fb9
@posting.google.com:

> I have a 2.53MHZ pentium with 384MB of RAM and a 250GB 7200 RPM HD.
> The TV capture and replay (Tivo function) on my new AIW 9600XT are
> horrendous!! I've tried disabling my antiviral software to no avail.
> Do you have any suggestions to prevent the dropped frames and freezes?

are you sure you have all your motherboard drivers installed? no yellow
exclamation points anywhere in the win xp hardware manager?
September 23, 2004 6:45:52 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:56:13 -0500, Good Man <heyho@letsgo.com> wrote:

>are you sure you have all your motherboard drivers installed? no yellow
>exclamation points anywhere in the win xp hardware manager?

None of those in my case.

---
Replace you know what by j to email
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:43:41 AM

powdercarrot@hotmail.com (PC) expounded in

> I have a 2.53MHZ pentium with 384MB of RAM and a 250GB 7200 RPM HD.
> The TV capture and replay (Tivo function) on my new AIW 9600XT are
> horrendous!! I've tried disabling my antiviral software to no avail.
> Do you have any suggestions to prevent the dropped frames and freezes?
>
> Thanks!

I assume you meant 2.53 GHz. If not, I think we've found your problem.
:-)

Eliminate as many other running programs as you can. If that works but
you need/want to have some of those other programs running, you can always
restart some programs later and try it again.

Have you defragmented the drive (C:, D:, etc.) that you're saving the
video on?

Have you tried other video codecs (if the software gives you that choice)?

You could try some other software. One program that I've used with my AIW
9600 Pro is "Virtual VCR" ( http://virtualvcr.sourceforge.net/ ).

James
!