newbie

I have XP Pro and I took of the simple file sharing for my D drive. Now all
the folders at the root wont let me create anything inside of the. I have
added my user to the root and gave the profile full rights. Premissions are
set to inherent. When I look at the permissions at root I have full control
but below that I dont have full control, I can only read. How can I restore
the premissions on this drive or set them up to allow me to own the data?

Hi.

Here are a couple of articles that will help you..

a.. How to configure file sharing in Windows XP WGID:374 .ID: 304040.
b.. How to disable simplified sharing and set permissions on a shared
folder WGID:458 ID: 307874.

If you just want to populate your user information down the tree, then
select D:\ right click, properties, security, advanced. Make sure your
username is listed alongside the perms that you want, then check the box
that says "Replace permission entries on all child objects.." And apply.

If your D: drive also contains the system files, then make sure to add
everyone group and administrator to the system folder as per..

a.. You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to access
WGID:358 ID: 281248

a.. You cannot start your computer after you modify the permissions in
WGID:491 ID: 883275
HTH, Les