8 Speed Discs

Hello Group
I bought some maxell discs that are 8 speed.
They have a warning about damaging my drive.
They say I need to upgrade my drive with a firmware update.
HELP.................
I have a packard bell with a dvd-r rewriter.
The Packard Bell website as been no help and neither have the forums.
Can any one tell me what to do and what I need.
TIA
John

That is true for the higher speed discs
Seems to be a locking on ejection for some reason
for some units
Kills the gears and or motor
Never seen it happen but it is possible
Use the slower record media 2.4x
PB does has a firmware upgrade
I think pioneer is the manufacturer for the
UK units
"Metal Oxide" <AccroxR@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Group
> I bought some maxell discs that are 8 speed.
> They have a warning about damaging my drive.
> They say I need to upgrade my drive with a firmware update.
> I have a packard bell with a dvd-r rewriter.
> The Packard Bell website as been no help and neither have the forums.
> Can any one tell me what to do and what I need.
> TIA
> John

TRENDING THREADS