X800XT PE runs hot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 23, 2004 5:02:35 PM

I was one of the lucky ones to get the XT PE early on. It runs extremely
hot though, the ram especially. Anyone else have this problem? I don't
have temps, but it is VERY hot to the touch. I have decided to go with
water cooling and ram sinks.

More about : x800xt runs hot

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 8:24:06 AM

My X800XT PE is cool as a cucumber, because it is still in a box somewhere
at ATI....

"Craig" <cpaoli@chservices.org> wrote in message
>I was one of the lucky ones to get the XT PE early on. It runs extremely
>hot though, the ram especially. Anyone else have this problem? I don't
>have temps, but it is VERY hot to the touch. I have decided to go with
>water cooling and ram sinks.

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 11:06:26 AM

My non-PE card got quite hot when overclocked and playing DoomIII for
long periods. I swapped the cooler for an Artic Cooling v4 and it
now never gets above 60degrees. The other advantage is that the
Artic has built in memory cooling where the stock cooler doesn't
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 7:57:54 AM

"Bob Doran" <bdoran@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in

> My X800XT PE is cool as a cucumber, because it is still in a box
> somewhere at ATI....
>

> "Craig" <cpaoli@chservices.org> wrote in message
>>I was one of the lucky ones to get the XT PE early on. It runs
>>extremely hot though, the ram especially. Anyone else have this
>>problem? I don't have temps, but it is VERY hot to the touch. I have
>>decided to go with water cooling and ram sinks.

Maybe they are still working on them since it's been about 3 months now of
hype... not sure if they will ever hit the shelves.
!