Monitors for Legends 3550?

Wondering if there are or were monitors made that can still work with the
above-named model?

Thanks in advance for any help...
--
Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/

    "Dwight Williams" <ad696@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

    > Wondering if there are or were monitors made that can still work with the
    > above-named model?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help...
    > --
    > Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
    > Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/

    Any monitor should work as long as the unit (monitor) comes with proper
    drivers. Now some PB systems had that dreaded on board video chip which
    would limit the functionality of the monitor for color and screen size.

    Elector
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Elector" (elector@mydeja.com) writes:
    > "Dwight Williams" <ad696@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Wondering if there are or were monitors made that can still work with the
    >> above-named model?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help...
    >
    > Any monitor should work as long as the unit (monitor) comes with proper
    > drivers. Now some PB systems had that dreaded on board video chip which
    > would limit the functionality of the monitor for color and screen size.

    Uh huh. I consider myself forewarned on that one.

    I think I've narrowed down a problem specifically to the physical hookup
    where the monitor plug fits into the back of the box containing
    motherboard, HD, etc.. A probable parts replacement issue, I suspect.
    For the box's end of things, I expect the replacement part would still be
    easy to get and install(IE: the monitor "socket")?
    --
    Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
    Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Usually they are soldered to the MB. If you have an open slot (PCI or
    ISA/EISA), you might just get a add-on video card and use it in place of the
    onboard video. Not familiar with your model, so I don't know which would
    apply, but the onboard video would need to be disabled. From past
    experience and reading on PCs in general here are the options.

    1. System has auto-detect and will detect a video card and automatically
    default to the add-on card.

    2. MB has a jumper you can set to use either onboard video or the add-on
    card.

    3. You set the video via the control panel, selecting either the onboard
    video or the add on card.

    4. You go into the BIOS and disable the onboard video and the MB will
    detect and use the add-on card.

    Hope that helps a little.

    KC

    > "Elector" (elector@mydeja.com) writes:
    > > "Dwight Williams" <ad696@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Wondering if there are or were monitors made that can still work with
    the
    > >> above-named model?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance for any help...
    > >
    > > Any monitor should work as long as the unit (monitor) comes with proper
    > > drivers. Now some PB systems had that dreaded on board video chip which
    > > would limit the functionality of the monitor for color and screen size.
    >
    > Uh huh. I consider myself forewarned on that one.
    >
    > I think I've narrowed down a problem specifically to the physical hookup
    > where the monitor plug fits into the back of the box containing
    > motherboard, HD, etc.. A probable parts replacement issue, I suspect.
    > For the box's end of things, I expect the replacement part would still be
    > easy to get and install(IE: the monitor "socket")?
    > --
    > Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
    > Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Okay, next question: how likely is it that I'd be able to get a useable
    video card to deal with the issues I've been covering these days?

    --
    Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
    Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    PCI graphics cards are still readily available, though not many new ones are
    being made. I would recommend an older one for use with an older motherboard.
    ATI or Matrox brands are fine. Check flea markets, eBay, computer stores for a
    used card. Here in the US, anything more than $US20 would be a lot to pay...
    Ben Myers

    On 4 Jul 2005 11:43:14 GMT, ad696@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Dwight Williams) wrote:

    >Okay, next question: how likely is it that I'd be able to get a useable
    >video card to deal with the issues I've been covering these days?
    >

    >--
    >Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
    >Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Want to say "thanks" to the help that's been provided so far, and I'll be
    keeping you posted if there's any progress or new problems.
    --
    Dwight Williams(ad696@freenet.carleton.ca) -- Orleans, Ontario, Canada
    Personal Web Page: http://www.ncf.ca/~ad696/

Packard Bell Monitors Computers