Games Crashing (Me Going Insane)

It can't be my new Sapphire 9800 pro cause my old vid card did it and its in
my brothers computer now and he has no such troubles.

it could be my memory cause memtest86 find errors...but only games crash so
i dunno...

could it be the onboard audio? i have set accelleration all the way down.

I doubt it's the CPU although from time to time during a game the computer
reboots.

I'm thinking it's the ram...I know that Corsair offers lifetime warranty so
I guess I can get it replaced right?

> it could be my memory cause memtest86 find errors...but only games crash
so
> i dunno...

Well, duh... : )

Make sure BIOS settings match the timings and voltage for your memory.

If it still errors, I'd consider trying to RMA.

How can I find out what the settings of my RAM are...I don't have any
instructions with them...

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
>> it could be my memory cause memtest86 find errors...but only games crash
> so
>> i dunno...
>
> Well, duh... : )
>
> Make sure BIOS settings match the timings and voltage for your memory.
>
> If it still errors, I'd consider trying to RMA.

You should be able to go into the bios and just set it up so that the memory
timings are autodetected. If you have never messed with that stuff, it's
likely that one or more of your memory sticks are bad. At least that is the
first thing I would look at. If your bios is set up to detect memory
settings automatically (and you are not overclocking), and memtest86 detects
errors, replace the memory. An additional problem could be your power
supply. When insufficient voltage is being supplied, as in when your video
card is drawing more power during gaming, it may be starving other
components the voltage they need causing system reboots. The last thing is
that you should make sure that you have a proper surge protector, not a
power bar, but a genuine surge protector that conditions the power coming
into your computer. In my experience when computers start getting flakey
and the user starts to experience random reboots, freezes, data loss, etc.
the cause quite often is the gradual degradation of components due to power
spikes and fluctuations. Get yourself a good APC UPS, or some other brand.

JK