How to lock an application on the desktop

Hi.

I want to put a kiosk computer in my company's store, and I want our website
to be running on the screen without giving customers or browsers the ability
to close/minimize it, or switch to the desktop, or even make manual changes
to the URL.
Is that possible? is there a 3rd party software I need for that? or can that
be done within windows?

Allen
1 answer Last reply
More about lock application desktop

    Set Internet Explorer 6 to Run in Kiosk Mode
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/oswald1.mspx

    PREPARING YOUR WIN XP COMPUTER TO ACT AS A KIOSK
    http://www.whotspot.com/p_kiosk_prep.htm#step7

    Kiosk/ATM Operating System Platforms
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/getstart/devplat/atm/default.aspx
    780

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Allen" wrote:

    | Hi.
    |
    | I want to put a kiosk computer in my company's store, and I want our website
    | to be running on the screen without giving customers or browsers the ability
    | to close/minimize it, or switch to the desktop, or even make manual changes
    | to the URL.
    | Is that possible? is there a 3rd party software I need for that? or can that
    | be done within windows?
    |
    | Allen

Desktops Windows XP