James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I hope that someone can help. I am attempting to encrypt the offline files
using GPO in Active Directories. I have set the policy. In fact I created a
whole new group and placed 1 computer in it to test. I have blocked all the
inherited policies and created the police only for this group. The onlt thing
that is enabled in the policy is the encrypt offline files. When I log into
this computer The option is not checked but it is greyed ou. I have done
everything I can find on microsft web site and even called microsoft for
assistance. I was desperate. They were of no use. Just so you know if I set
the encrypt offline files as not configured I can enable encryption on the
computer then when I reenable the opting in the GPO the check mark is there
and the option is grey but it still does not encrypt the files. I hope
someone can help.

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

Encrypting Offline Files
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prde_ffs_nfiw.asp

Group Policy Settings That Affect Offline Files
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prde_ffs_phvy.asp

Windows XP Security Checklist
http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

--