ATI Radeon 9600, no channels avail

I'm sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but my question is
that when the TV stopped working I did a PC Check and failed the following:
Not MMX Architecture, DirectX Components are not installed properly, and
Capture driver INF files are not installed. I don't know how this happened
as the TV used to work perfectly and of course I only recognized DirectX and
have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times. I have XP SP2 and . . .
I don't know what other info might be needed in order to troubleshoot but
any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Nik

---

Did it stop working when you installed SP2 by any chance?

"Nikolette" <snickers79@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but my question is
> that when the TV stopped working I did a PC Check and failed the
following:
> Not MMX Architecture, DirectX Components are not installed properly, and
> Capture driver INF files are not installed. I don't know how this
happened
> as the TV used to work perfectly and of course I only recognized DirectX
and
> have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times. I have XP SP2 and . .
..
> I don't know what other info might be needed in order to troubleshoot but
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA
> Nik
>

> ---

No, long before. I can't think of anything I did at the time it started
happening except maybe install Opera.

Nik

"Eugen T" <viperz@pleasedontspam.com> wrote in message
> Did it stop working when you installed SP2 by any chance?
>
> "Nikolette" <snickers79@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but my question
>> is
>> that when the TV stopped working I did a PC Check and failed the
> following:
>> Not MMX Architecture, DirectX Components are not installed properly, and
>> Capture driver INF files are not installed. I don't know how this
> happened
>> as the TV used to work perfectly and of course I only recognized DirectX
> and
>> have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times. I have XP SP2 and .
>> .
> .
>> I don't know what other info might be needed in order to troubleshoot but
>> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA
>> Nik
>>

>> ---

---

> No, long before. I can't think of anything I did at the time it started
> happening except maybe install Opera.
>
> Nik
>
> "Eugen T" <viperz@pleasedontspam.com> wrote in message
> > Did it stop working when you installed SP2 by any chance?
> >
> > "Nikolette" <snickers79@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
> >> I'm sorry I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but my question
> >> is
> >> that when the TV stopped working I did a PC Check and failed the
> > following:
> >> Not MMX Architecture, DirectX Components are not installed properly,
and
> >> Capture driver INF files are not installed. I don't know how this
> > happened
> >> as the TV used to work perfectly and of course I only recognized
DirectX
> > and
> >> have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times. I have XP SP2 and
..
> >> .
> > .
> >> I don't know what other info might be needed in order to troubleshoot
but
> >> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> TIA
> >> Nik

PC Check is very unreliable but check Device Manager for a yellow
exclamation mark and run Dxdiag to verify if it has a problem.

or

Since you upgraded SP2 while it wasn't working, I would download the latest
graphic and multimedia software from ATI, uninstall the old and install the
new. Running the cleaner program in-between might be a good idea.

Which 9600 and version of Dx do you have? Are you using NTSC or PAL(what
country are you in)?

HTH