catalyst 4.9 control center

am i missing something. i downloaded and installed both the catalyst
control center drivers (42 megs) and just the drivers (26 megs). with
the ccc install i cant find the control panel in this package. is the
control panel the one that is under the windows display options. both
installs use just the windows setting under display options. they both
look the same.

i was under the impression that with the ccc there was a different type
of control panel/application to control the setting of your card. if i
install either of these two downloads the controls look the same, they
use the windows display option to control the settings.

i did a clean install with each of these and they look like there the
same. i used the cat-uninstall utility before each install to insure
that i had a clean install on both.

what am i missing?

why is one 42 megs and the other 26 megs if they seem to be the same things.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

bob
2 answers Last reply
More about catalyst control center

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:34:22 GMT, bob brozewicz (news group) wrote in

    > am i missing something. i downloaded and installed both the catalyst
    > control center drivers (42 megs) and just the drivers (26 megs). with
    > the ccc install i cant find the control panel in this package. is the
    > control panel the one that is under the windows display options. both
    > installs use just the windows setting under display options. they both
    > look the same.
    >
    > i was under the impression that with the ccc there was a different type
    > of control panel/application to control the setting of your card. if i
    > install either of these two downloads the controls look the same, they
    > use the windows display option to control the settings.
    >
    > i did a clean install with each of these and they look like there the
    > same. i used the cat-uninstall utility before each install to insure
    > that i had a clean install on both.
    >
    > what am i missing?
    >
    > why is one 42 megs and the other 26 megs if they seem to be the same things.
    >
    > any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Well, as I read over the download page on the website right now, it appears
    to me that the 42MB file contains:

    "Display Driver,
    Control Panel,
    CATALYST Control Center,
    WDM Capture driver"

    while the 26MB file contains:

    "Display Driver,
    Control Panel,
    WDM Capture driver"

    I would probably just download the driver, the control panel, and the
    Catalyst control panel at the bottom of the page since I don't need the WDM
    Capture driver.

    Dave
    US Army Signal Corps!!

    http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

    Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

    On 9/25/2004 8:34 AM bob brozewicz (news group) brightened our day with:

    > am i missing something. i downloaded and installed both the catalyst
    > control center drivers (42 megs) and just the drivers (26 megs). with
    > the ccc install i cant find the control panel in this package. is the
    > control panel the one that is under the windows display options. both
    > installs use just the windows setting under display options. they
    > both look the same.
    >
    > i was under the impression that with the ccc there was a different
    > type of control panel/application to control the setting of your card.
    > if i install either of these two downloads the controls look the same,
    > they use the windows display option to control the settings.
    >
    > i did a clean install with each of these and they look like there the
    > same. i used the cat-uninstall utility before each install to insure
    > that i had a clean install on both.
    >
    > what am i missing?
    >
    > why is one 42 megs and the other 26 megs if they seem to be the same
    > things.
    >
    > any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > bob

    Do you have a >9500 card? CCC doesn't work for anything else, yet.

    --
    "...forged but accurate."

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

Radeon Control Panel Catalyst Graphics Displays