Task Manager

All of a sudden I am getting this error message, "Task Manager has been
disabled by your Administrator."

I am the Administrator!

I tried to activate TaskMgr in the System 32 folder and I got the same
message. It does not allow me to Ctrl+Alt+Del for the Task Manager.

Any help resolving this issue would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Rick

bar

When did you last scan for virus or spyware?

"Rick_C" wrote:

> All of a sudden I am getting this error message, "Task Manager has been
> disabled by your Administrator."
>
> I am the Administrator!
>
> I tried to activate TaskMgr in the System 32 folder and I got the same
> message. It does not allow me to Ctrl+Alt+Del for the Task Manager.
>
> Any help resolving this issue would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> Rick

There are:

No Viruses
No Spyware

on the computer... According to Norton and MS AntiSpyware.
I also have Zone Alarm Pro... my system is well protected. I'm very cautious.

Rick

"BAR" wrote:

> When did you last scan for virus or spyware?
>

> "Rick_C" wrote:
>
> > All of a sudden I am getting this error message, "Task Manager has been
> > disabled by your Administrator."
> >
> > I am the Administrator!
> >
> > I tried to activate TaskMgr in the System 32 folder and I got the same
> > message. It does not allow me to Ctrl+Alt+Del for the Task Manager.
> >
> > Any help resolving this issue would be most appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any replies.
> >
> > Rick

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Rick" wrote:

| All of a sudden I am getting this error message, "Task Manager has been
| disabled by your Administrator."
|
| I am the Administrator!
|
| I tried to activate TaskMgr in the System 32 folder and I got the same
| message. It does not allow me to Ctrl+Alt+Del for the Task Manager.
|
| Any help resolving this issue would be most appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance for any replies.
|
| Rick

Thank You Carey... Your solution worked like a charm.

Could you please let me know what would have caused this problem to occur?

Thanks...

Rick