Can't Logon to my system! Pls Help

mak

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001

I carried out a disk cleanup on my system & on restarting got an errorr msg:
"HAL.DLL file missing or corrupt". I carried out a repair using my WINXP Pro
SP1 CD & the whole process of the repair went through without any hitches.
However on the first boot after the repair, when I try to log into my system
I am being thrown out without any error message. When my comp was working
well, I had all the updates & SP2 installed!

Pls help on how i can get into my system.

try system restore in safe mode. thats if it will boot in safe mode.