9800 Pro and SP2

Without pinning down a specific game I can reply with generalities. I have
tried a number of games on my system without a problem. I know that Links
2003 will give an error when shutting down but runs fine in the game itself.
Also Doom 3 seems just fine (I cannot believe how much RAM you need to run
the game decently). The added security features in SP2 make it a worthwhile
patch but all software has it's own set of problems.

Regards,
John O.

mo wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any problems with SP2
> and playing games with the 9800 Pro?

None here so far, all of my games are working fine with my 9800 Pro and XP
SP2.

--
Don Burnette

No problems or performance difference with XP SP2 and 9800 Pro.

"mo" <the.hip@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there are any problems with SP2
> and playing games with the 9800 Pro?

Hi Mo.
There are always problems with everything.
Please specify.

regards Berti

I have a ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe with a 2.8 Ghz Northwood (not over clocked but
I did run it 5% and it was fine, I run dual SETI all the time so it tends to
warm up a little) , XP SP2, 9800Pro (slightly over clocked) 1 Gig PC3200
RAM, runs perfectly at just on 50fps in Doom3 at medium settings with AAx2.
I am running the latest Omega drivers for the 9800Pro.

"mo" <the.hip@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there are any problems with SP2
> and playing games with the 9800 Pro?

mo

Sorry, I really wanted to know about
Doom III. Right now it is playing flawlessly
and I wanted to see if anyone experienced
problems after install. Thank You

Doom III on XP with SP2 and a 9800 pro...no problems whatsoever.

JK

> Sorry, I really wanted to know about
> Doom III. Right now it is playing flawlessly
> and I wanted to see if anyone experienced
> problems after install. Thank You

"mo" <the.hip@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there are any problems with SP2
> and playing games with the 9800 Pro?

Not on my machine I have a pentium 4 with service pack 2 on my winXP system
and if anything the system is even more stable.

I have about 3 problems I noticed after sp2 install, but Doom 3 is running
fine.