ati radeon 9600 + K7VTA3 wont boot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 27, 2004 12:36:46 AM

I have ugraded to a Sapphire Radeon 9600 in my ECS K7VTA3 and it wont boot,
no video signal. Has any one had experience of this combination? I am going
to get the card checked in another machine, if the card is not actually
dead, what else? Change to another M/B? Or could PSU be at fault? It has
been fine for a year or so with a G-force 400.
regards , Bren
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:08:48 PM

In message <yLF5d.160$UI2.41@newsfe6-win.ntli.net> - "bren"
<brenPreece@nospam.tesco.net> writes:

>I have ugraded to a Sapphire Radeon 9600 in my ECS K7VTA3 and it wont boot,
>no video signal. Has any one had experience of this combination? I am going
>to get the card checked in another machine, if the card is not actually
>dead, what else? Change to another M/B? Or could PSU be at fault? It has
>been fine for a year or so with a G-force 400.
>regards , Bren

I got a Sapphire 9800 Atlantis and it did not work in my ASUS A7M266-D, which
uses a several year old AMD chipset. I installed the card in a computer with
an Intel D865GBF MB and it seems to work OK, although the temperatures are on
the green/yellow side (45-55C). I wonder if I need another fan inside the
case.

I am wondering if this is a Sapphire problem or a ATI problem (or a MB
problem, for that matter...BIOS...)

I the ASUS case, the MB actually detects a problem in the video slot and turns
the computer off. I don't know if it's drawing too much current or what.

Fred

!