DVI to Analog on 9600SE

Can you use a DVI to DB15 dongle to get a 9600SE to output to a CRT
monitor? I'm planning to buy a PowerColor 9600SE. The card comes with
a half-height back plate, which allows you to install it into a mini
system. The problem is that you lose the dedicated VGA port when you
take off the full-height back plate.

Yes you can. Works fine but if you can get a 9800Pro you will get far
superior performance for only a little more money, I threw out my 9600SE and
put in a 9800Pro, much better.

"Chung Leong" <chernyshevsky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can you use a DVI to DB15 dongle to get a 9600SE to output to a CRT
> monitor? I'm planning to buy a PowerColor 9600SE. The card comes with
> a half-height back plate, which allows you to install it into a mini
> system. The problem is that you lose the dedicated VGA port when you
> take off the full-height back plate.

TRENDING THREADS