How set up permissions so that only one network computer c..

I have a network of four XP Professionals.

I have unticked "Simple" security in Folders>View, so that I can access the
shared and security tabs on the folder properties.

I have set up sharing successfully, except that all the computers on the
network can access my shared folder and I only want one of them to access
it.

When I set the permissions of a folder, all I see in the Groups and Users is
Everyone. Do I have to set up a group or user that is the computer that
needs access to this folder? If so, how?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

http://www.usenet.com

Roger Withnell wrote:
> I have a network of four XP Professionals.
>

> I have unticked "Simple" security in Folders>View, so that I can access the
> shared and security tabs on the folder properties.
>
> I have set up sharing successfully, except that all the computers on the
> network can access my shared folder and I only want one of them to access
> it.
>
> When I set the permissions of a folder, all I see in the Groups and Users is
> Everyone. Do I have to set up a group or user that is the computer that
> needs access to this folder? If so, how?
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated.

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
Folders
;Q308419]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

HOW TO Set the My Documents Folder as Private in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: