Upgrade from NVida GeForce3?

I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
games?
11 answers Last reply
More about upgrade nvida geforce3

    Jeff Bello wrote:
    > I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
    > would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
    > games?

    Not really.

    On 27 Sep 2004 00:15:09 -0700, pokermon17@yahoo.com (Jeff Bello)
    wrote:

    >I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
    >would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
    >games?

    Yes, although it may depend on the rest of your system.

    don buy ATI I had ti4200 and it was better performer that my fkn 9800 XT..

    Chingy wrote:

    > don buy ATI I had ti4200 and it was better performer that my fkn 9800 XT..

    Which says more about your configuration skills or lack of same than about
    the product.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:54:49 +1000, "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com>
    wrote:

    >don buy ATI I had ti4200 and it was better performer that my fkn 9800 XT..

    Well it was a major upgrade when I went from a 4400 to a 9700 Pro, so
    you are obviously clueless.

    This company dun know how to make better drivers at all..

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    > This company dun know how to make better drivers at all..

    And you don't know how to read or write.

    I was going to say. Literacy first, then read some books about PC's.

    JK

    In article <10lgvab2s3hchef@corp.supernews.com>, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:

    >Jeff Bello wrote:
    >> I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
    >> would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
    >> games?
    >

    >Not really.

    I have both cards and would disagree. The 9600XT is a BIG improvement over
    the GF3ti200 in games.

    I agree that a 9600XT is a big improvement over GF3 (I have both cards plus
    a GF4 ti4200x8). But only if you have a cpu that can use the extra power.
    To really see the difference you need a least 1.5 ghz. My 9600XT easily
    beats my GF4 (which in turn beats the GF3) on my Athlon2400+ with Nforce2.

    DaveL

    "GordonD" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > In article <10lgvab2s3hchef@corp.supernews.com>, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:
    > >

    > >Jeff Bello wrote:
    > >> I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
    > >> would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
    > >> games?
    > >

    > >Not really.
    > >

    > I have both cards and would disagree. The 9600XT is a BIG improvement over
    > the GF3ti200 in games.

    "Jeff Bello" <pokermon17@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
    > would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
    > games?

    I jumped from a plain old GeForce3 64MB to a 9800Pro for £124 and the
    difference is fantastic.

Radeon Games ATI Graphics