Upgrade from NVida GeForce3?

I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
games?

Jeff Bello wrote:
> I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
> would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
> games?

Not really.

Andrew

On 27 Sep 2004 00:15:09 -0700, pokermon17@yahoo.com (Jeff Bello)
wrote:

>I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
>would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
>games?

Yes, although it may depend on the rest of your system.

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

don buy ATI I had ti4200 and it was better performer that my fkn 9800 XT..

Chingy wrote:

> don buy ATI I had ti4200 and it was better performer that my fkn 9800 XT..

Which says more about your configuration skills or lack of same than about
the product.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Andrew

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:54:49 +1000, "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com>
wrote:

>don buy ATI I had ti4200 and it was better performer that my fkn 9800 XT..

Well it was a major upgrade when I went from a 4400 to a 9700 Pro, so
you are obviously clueless.

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

This company dun know how to make better drivers at all..

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> This company dun know how to make better drivers at all..

And you don't know how to read or write.

I was going to say. Literacy first, then read some books about PC's.

JK

In article <10lgvab2s3hchef@corp.supernews.com>, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:

>Jeff Bello wrote:
>> I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
>> would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
>> games?
>

>Not really.

I have both cards and would disagree. The 9600XT is a BIG improvement over
the GF3ti200 in games.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

I agree that a 9600XT is a big improvement over GF3 (I have both cards plus
a GF4 ti4200x8). But only if you have a cpu that can use the extra power.
To really see the difference you need a least 1.5 ghz. My 9600XT easily
beats my GF4 (which in turn beats the GF3) on my Athlon2400+ with Nforce2.

DaveL

"GordonD" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> In article <10lgvab2s3hchef@corp.supernews.com>, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:
> >

> >Jeff Bello wrote:
> >> I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
> >> would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
> >> games?
> >

> >Not really.
> >

> I have both cards and would disagree. The 9600XT is a BIG improvement over
> the GF3ti200 in games.

stuff

"Jeff Bello" <pokermon17@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a NVida GeForce3 card. Which ATI cards currently available
> would be a substantial upgrade? Is the 9600 XT a big upgrade for
> games?

I jumped from a plain old GeForce3 64MB to a 9800Pro for £124 and the
difference is fantastic.