Often under "Options" or "Settings".
Look for something like "Start at boot", "Load at startup" etc and uncheck.

Another way but far from the best is through the Start-Up tab in MSCONFIG,
#13 on this link:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Walt Siesta" <WaltSiesta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B16EF822-ED5A-469A-91FA-F8DD6AA19A48@microsoft.com...
> How do I remove programs from the boot sequence that I do not want to
> startup
> automatically? Thanks!
> --
> "No-tech" from Siesta Key

I only found one program that offers that choice in any menu. For example, I
could not find a choice for Microsoft Office programs. Also, when I go to
msconfig and uncheck startup programs, it moves me to "Selective Startup"
mode, even if I only uncheck one program, like my Kodak picture software. It
won't let me boot in "Normal" mode unless I restore everything to startup on
boot. So, I still need a solution. Seems like I once entered a program
other than msconfig in "Run" and it let me remove programs from startup, but
I no longer recall how I did it. Thanks for the try!

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Walt;
> The best way is to go to the program itself.
> Often under "Options" or "Settings".
> Look for something like "Start at boot", "Load at startup" etc and uncheck.
>
> Another way but far from the best is through the Start-Up tab in MSCONFIG,
> #13 on this link:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Walt Siesta" <WaltSiesta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I remove programs from the boot sequence that I do not want to
> > startup
> > automatically? Thanks!
> > --
> > "No-tech" from Siesta Key

Go download the excellent and free program called "autoruns" at this
website:

www.sysinternals.com

It will show you all of the programs that (auto)start during Windows startup
and let you remove them or disable them at will...

Lots of useful info at that site too.

> I only found one program that offers that choice in any menu. For
example, I
> could not find a choice for Microsoft Office programs. Also, when I go to
> msconfig and uncheck startup programs, it moves me to "Selective Startup"
> mode, even if I only uncheck one program, like my Kodak picture software.
It
> won't let me boot in "Normal" mode unless I restore everything to startup
on
> boot. So, I still need a solution. Seems like I once entered a program
> other than msconfig in "Run" and it let me remove programs from startup,
but
> I no longer recall how I did it. Thanks for the try!
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Walt;
> > The best way is to go to the program itself.
> > Often under "Options" or "Settings".
> > Look for something like "Start at boot", "Load at startup" etc and
uncheck.

> > Another way but far from the best is through the Start-Up tab in
MSCONFIG,
> > #13 on this link:
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> > http://www.dts-l.org
> >

> > "Walt Siesta" <WaltSiesta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How do I remove programs from the boot sequence that I do not want to
> > > startup
> > > automatically? Thanks!
> > > --
> > > "No-tech" from Siesta Key

Fitz

When you disable a program from starting with windows in msconfig, then
future startups are not "Normal", the startup becomes "Selective". This is
OK, it's just letting you know that some programs are not starting with
windows.