how do i write a logon script ????

i need to know how to write a logon script

please help
--
mick

The use of a logon script is discouraged as it will
vastly compromise the security of your system.
Forget the thought.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"michael.n" wrote:

| i need to know how to write a logon script
|
| please help
| --
| mick

*Eyebrow*

How so?

They're used all the time in the SBS world, and for the life of me, I can't
see how a script that runs when you login can "vastly compromise the
security of your system".

(Unless we're using different meanings for "login script")

Matt Gibson - GSEC

> The use of a logon script is discouraged as it will
> vastly compromise the security of your system.
> Forget the thought.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "michael.n" wrote:
>
> | i need to know how to write a logon script
> |
> | please help
> | --
> | mick

It can be as simple as a batch file called at login

net use x: \\computer\sharename

A little more info about what you want to do with it would allow a more
direct answer.
Are you wanting to know how to write the script or how to set it up to be
executed?

Regards
Mark Dormer

> The use of a logon script is discouraged as it will
> vastly compromise the security of your system.
> Forget the thought.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "michael.n" wrote:
>
> | i need to know how to write a logon script
> |
> | please help
> | --
> | mick

Discouraged by whom?

Why is it a security issue?

Regards
Mark Dormer

> The use of a logon script is discouraged as it will
> vastly compromise the security of your system.
> Forget the thought.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "michael.n" wrote:
>
> | i need to know how to write a logon script
> |
> | please help
> | --
> | mick

This post should have been to the original poster.

Regards
Mark Dormer