How to set default video capture mode on All-in-Wonder 9800?

Can anyone advise me on how to set the default video settings (e.g. S-video
input, PAL-I, 720x576 pixels. Huffy encoding) for windows video capture on
an All-in-Wonder 9800SE card (WinXP, ATI 4.9 drivers)?

Whenever I start a capture in any software, I have to reset all these
values, which is a bit of a pain.

Also, any suggestions as to the best way to capture video? I'm working with
VirtualDubMod at the moment, but is there any direct facility within ATI's
software suite to do this?

Many thanks,

Andre Willey
4 answers Last reply
More about default video capture mode wonder 9800

    Andre Willey wrote:

    > Can anyone advise me on how to set the default video settings (e.g. S-video
    > input, PAL-I, 720x576 pixels. Huffy encoding) for windows video capture on
    > an All-in-Wonder 9800SE card (WinXP, ATI 4.9 drivers)?
    >
    > Whenever I start a capture in any software, I have to reset all these
    > values, which is a bit of a pain.
    >
    > Also, any suggestions as to the best way to capture video? I'm working with
    > VirtualDubMod at the moment, but is there any direct facility within ATI's
    > software suite to do this?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Andre Willey

    Haa, thats funny(ATI software suite) sweet it aint.

    Anyway, if you got an AIW card you probably have pinnacle studio 7 or 8.
    Use that to capture, edit and render, or if your really stuck use windows
    movie maker included in XP

    Gordon

    I use the Ati MMC 9.02 to capture with a AIW 8500DV. A lot of people
    slam the MMC but I have no problems with it, it will capture with any
    codec on your system with total control over the capture settings. You
    do need a 1.0G + CPU to have all capture codecs available. I've used
    with a AMD 850, AMD 1500+ and now a P4-3.06 with no dropped frames,
    audio/video always in sync. With the AMD 850 capture options were
    severely limited.

    If you create DVD's you can edit the capture settings to the match
    your DVD authoring software so the file won't have to be re-rendered,
    saves a lot of time.

    RAH

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:40:45 GMT, Gordon Scott
    <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

    >Andre Willey wrote:
    >>
    >> Can anyone advise me on how to set the default video settings (e.g. S-video
    >> input, PAL-I, 720x576 pixels. Huffy encoding) for windows video capture on
    >> an All-in-Wonder 9800SE card (WinXP, ATI 4.9 drivers)?
    >>
    >> Whenever I start a capture in any software, I have to reset all these
    >> values, which is a bit of a pain.
    >>
    >> Also, any suggestions as to the best way to capture video? I'm working with
    >> VirtualDubMod at the moment, but is there any direct facility within ATI's
    >> software suite to do this?
    >>
    >> Many thanks,
    >>
    >> Andre Willey
    >
    >Haa, thats funny(ATI software suite) sweet it aint.
    >
    >Anyway, if you got an AIW card you probably have pinnacle studio 7 or 8.
    >Use that to capture, edit and render, or if your really stuck use windows
    >movie maker included in XP
    >
    >Gordon

    Do you capture via the 'TV' tab on the launch bar? (and then set the
    input to S-Video/etc via a preset and capture away)

    Or is there some other capturing utility I've missed?

    Andre

    RAH <rahpics@postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote in

    Andre Willey wrote:

    > Do you capture via the 'TV' tab on the launch bar? (and then set the
    > input to S-Video/etc via a preset and capture away)
    >
    > Or is there some other capturing utility I've missed?
    >
    > Andre
    >
    > RAH <rahpics@postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >
    > > I use the Ati MMC 9.02 to capture with a AIW 8500DV. A lot of people
    > > slam the MMC but I have no problems with it, it will capture with any
    > > codec on your system with total control over the capture settings. You
    > > do need a 1.0G + CPU to have all capture codecs available. I've used
    > > with a AMD 850, AMD 1500+ and now a P4-3.06 with no dropped frames,
    > > audio/video always in sync. With the AMD 850 capture options were
    > > severely limited.
    > >
    > > If you create DVD's you can edit the capture settings to the match
    > > your DVD authoring software so the file won't have to be re-rendered,
    > > saves a lot of time.
    > >
    > > RAH
    > >

    > > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:40:45 GMT, Gordon Scott
    > > <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

    > >>Haa, thats funny(ATI software suite) sweet it aint.
    > >>
    > >>Anyway, if you got an AIW card you probably have pinnacle studio 7 or
    > >>8. Use that to capture, edit and render, or if your really stuck use
    > >>windows movie maker included in XP
    > >>
    > >>Gordon

    yes you monitor your capture in the TV portion of MMC

Radeon Video Capture ATI Graphics