all website say trusted site zone

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

For some reason no matter what website I visit it says it's a trusted site.
I have nothing listed for trusted sites and the site button is even
unaccessable. If I want the sites to say just internet, that button isn't
available either.

I'm not going to sit here and every site I visit, copy the url and put it in
the local internet, when I didn't have this problem a few days ago. I
haven't touch anything, I also ran a virus scan and spyware scan and nothing
helped.

Is there maybe something I can adjust in the registry? I have tried to find
something related to my problem at Kelly's Korner but with no luck...........

Help.......

John,

Click Start/Run and type this command:

IE4UINIT.EXE

Then, follow-up with malware cleanup. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean package
(free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
instructions at:

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

"Sites" button and "Custom Level" slider are grayed out in Internet
Options - Security tab?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/flags.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason no matter what website I visit it says it's a trusted
> site.
> I have nothing listed for trusted sites and the site button is even
> unaccessable. If I want the sites to say just internet, that button isn't
> available either.
>
> I'm not going to sit here and every site I visit, copy the url and put it
> in
> the local internet, when I didn't have this problem a few days ago. I
> haven't touch anything, I also ran a virus scan and spyware scan and
> nothing
> helped.
>
> Is there maybe something I can adjust in the registry? I have tried to
> find
> something related to my problem at Kelly's Korner but with no
> luck...........
>
> Help.......

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Oh wow thank, that worked running the ie4unit.exe...........thanks a bunch
John

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> John,
>
> Click Start/Run and type this command:
>
> IE4UINIT.EXE
>
> Then, follow-up with malware cleanup. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean package
> (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
> instructions at:
>
> Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:
>
> "Sites" button and "Custom Level" slider are grayed out in Internet
> Options - Security tab?:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/flags.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For some reason no matter what website I visit it says it's a trusted
> > site.
> > I have nothing listed for trusted sites and the site button is even
> > unaccessable. If I want the sites to say just internet, that button isn't
> > available either.
> >
> > I'm not going to sit here and every site I visit, copy the url and put it
> > in
> > the local internet, when I didn't have this problem a few days ago. I
> > haven't touch anything, I also ran a virus scan and spyware scan and
> > nothing
> > helped.
> >
> > Is there maybe something I can adjust in the registry? I have tried to
> > find
> > something related to my problem at Kelly's Korner but with no
> >
> > Help.......

Very welcome John. Don't forget to follow-up with a malware checkup.