I need to locate an Intersil Chip (ISL6522CB).

I need to locate an Intersil Chip(ISL6522CB) that was used on my Radeon 9800
pro, gcard. It got burnt out during a power surge. Is there a solution to
this problem?. Is there any replacement chip that I can use instead of the
Intersil Chip?.
2 answers Last reply
More about locate intersil chip isl6522cb

    "Kiran Kumar Kamineni" <kkumar@hp.com> wrote in message

    " I need to locate an Intersil Chip(ISL6522CB) that was used on my Radeon
    9800> pro, gcard. It got burnt out during a power surge. Is there a solution
    to this problem?. Is there any replacement chip that I can use instead of
    the Intersil Chip?. "

    The ISL6522CD is a PWM (pulse width modulation) controller. It's not going
    to be an easy job replacing it yourself, but they are available ( i.e.
    http://snipurl.com/9dy7 ). It might not be the only thing that's fried. Is
    the card under warranty?

    NO, thats the problem, no warranty. I am in India and the card was bought in
    the US and sent over to India, warranty couldn't be claimed.

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > "Kiran Kumar Kamineni" <kkumar@hp.com> wrote in message
    >
    > " I need to locate an Intersil Chip(ISL6522CB) that was used on my Radeon
    > 9800> pro, gcard. It got burnt out during a power surge. Is there a
    solution
    > to this problem?. Is there any replacement chip that I can use instead of
    > the Intersil Chip?. "
    >

    > The ISL6522CD is a PWM (pulse width modulation) controller. It's not
    going
    > to be an easy job replacing it yourself, but they are available ( i.e.
    > http://snipurl.com/9dy7 ). It might not be the only thing that's fried.
    Is
    > the card under warranty?

Radeon Chip Power Surge ATI Graphics