I need to locate an Intersil Chip (ISL6522CB).

I need to locate an Intersil Chip(ISL6522CB) that was used on my Radeon 9800
pro, gcard. It got burnt out during a power surge. Is there a solution to
this problem?. Is there any replacement chip that I can use instead of the
Intersil Chip?.

"Kiran Kumar Kamineni" <kkumar@hp.com> wrote in message

" I need to locate an Intersil Chip(ISL6522CB) that was used on my Radeon
9800> pro, gcard. It got burnt out during a power surge. Is there a solution
to this problem?. Is there any replacement chip that I can use instead of
the Intersil Chip?. "

The ISL6522CD is a PWM (pulse width modulation) controller. It's not going
to be an easy job replacing it yourself, but they are available ( i.e.
http://snipurl.com/9dy7 ). It might not be the only thing that's fried. Is
the card under warranty?

NO, thats the problem, no warranty. I am in India and the card was bought in
the US and sent over to India, warranty couldn't be claimed.