Quicken requires the user to have admin rights. Is there a way to give one
user admin rights and also restrict them to using Quicken only - no other
programs or functions ?

"Davenk" <Davenk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quicken requires the user to have admin rights. Is there a way to give one
> user admin rights and also restrict them to using Quicken only - no other
> programs or functions ?

An administrator has complete control over the machine. You can fiddle with
the interface a bit to hide some icons and so on, but in the end you won't
be able to prevent them from doing anything that you can do.

If this is an up-to-date, current version of Quicken then its a shame that
Intuit cannot write their software properly. Maybe they have a patch
availabe? (I do vaguely remember seeing something about an update for their
QuickTax product to run as a limited user.)

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP

It's Quicken 2005. Every problem session with them ends with "must be admin".
It's hard to believe it's 2005 and they insist on this kind of security
exposure. Hasn't XP been out for more than a few months?