can not create backup file

Hi all
I am trying to back up stuff from my laptop to
a bkf file using window's backup utility but i keep on getting the same
error:
"back up file name could not be used.
Ensure it is a valid path and that you have suficient access".
I have been using the backup utility smoothly untill now.
No new installations were added lately.
I am using windowsXP pro. sp1.
Any idea where to go from here??
Can this be something done by a virus??

Thanks in advance
Rea

Hello Rea,
What is the exact path you're using?
Cna you access that path via any other means?
Are you backing up your files to a tape drive, floppy, or locaton on your
hard drive?