Which card has dual monitor + AIW ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 29, 2004 9:08:25 PM

Im looking for a new video card that has

- dual monitor support
- All-in-wonder option
- 128 megs memory or more ( 256 preferred)

At first I didnt think there was such a card available but it appears the
X800 AIW pro fits the bill. I checked the ati site and its just hitting the
market and didnt even have a price listed. Im guessing it will be about $600
(CDN)

Is there any other cards that have dual monitor and AIW ?

More about : card dual monitor aiw

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 29, 2004 10:36:24 PM

Brad wrote:

> Im looking for a new video card that has
>
> - dual monitor support
> - All-in-wonder option
> - 128 megs memory or more ( 256 preferred)
>
> At first I didnt think there was such a card available but it appears the
> X800 AIW pro fits the bill. I checked the ati site and its just hitting
> the market and didnt even have a price listed. Im guessing it will be
> about $600 (CDN)
>
> Is there any other cards that have dual monitor and AIW ?

9600AIW. But no DVI.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Why bother with that when you can get a X800 and the new HDTV wonder. I saw
that newegg is selling the HDTV wonder for $150 after $50 rebate. If I were
doing it I would definately go for an HDTV tuner over an analog one any day.

"Brad" <nospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:D _B6d.560593$gE.436327@pd7tw3no...
> Im looking for a new video card that has
>
> - dual monitor support
> - All-in-wonder option
> - 128 megs memory or more ( 256 preferred)
>
> At first I didnt think there was such a card available but it appears the
> X800 AIW pro fits the bill. I checked the ati site and its just hitting
the
> market and didnt even have a price listed. Im guessing it will be about
$600
> (CDN)
>
> Is there any other cards that have dual monitor and AIW ?

a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2004 7:37:30 AM

none realy work that well. get a seperat tv card and a video card that will
suport the monitors you want.
in the long run youl save $ if you get the tv card that has everything you
want.
you need to go to this link and do some reading and posting then make up
your mind.
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Brad" <nospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:D _B6d.560593$gE.436327@pd7tw3no...
> Im looking for a new video card that has
>
> - dual monitor support
> - All-in-wonder option
> - 128 megs memory or more ( 256 preferred)
>
> At first I didnt think there was such a card available but it appears the
> X800 AIW pro fits the bill. I checked the ati site and its just hitting
> the market and didnt even have a price listed. Im guessing it will be
> about $600 (CDN)
>
> Is there any other cards that have dual monitor and AIW ?

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2004 2:37:39 PM

>none realy work that well.

I have absolutely no problems with dual monitor on my Radeon 9800. I would
definitely go for an 9xxx all in wonder model, instead of shelling out
another 100 buckaroonies for a secondary PCI card for my second screen - not
to mention, that any board w/o APIC will terribly screw up if you use a PCI
video card and a sound card...

regards Berti
October 2, 2004 6:13:22 PM

"Berti Ferranti" <BFXsmoke@web.de> wrote in message
> >none realy work that well.
>
> I have absolutely no problems with dual monitor on my Radeon 9800. I would
> definitely go for an 9xxx all in wonder model, instead of shelling out
> another 100 buckaroonies for a secondary PCI card for my second screen -
> not
> to mention, that any board w/o APIC will terribly screw up if you use a
> PCI
> video card and a sound card...
>
> regards Berti

You can get both.
I have AIW 9600XT & TV Wonder.
This allow you to use MultiView which is PiP

I can watch TV on my 2nd monitor while I work on the main monitor.
I can open the 2nd TV in the background. Works pretty well for me.
!