Does MS AntiSpyware Beta Block Incoming Call (waiting) Not..

I only have anicdotal evidence to support this question. I have Windows XP
Pro, SP2.

I access the internet using a 56kb v.92 voicemodem, have call waiting with
ID, etc. My ISP provides V.92 support. Following installation of the MS
Antispyware (Beta) I can no longer receive notification of incoming calls,
which I formerly received.

My Dialing Rules (in the Phone and Modem Options) do not disable call waiting.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or can anyone confirm that they're
still able to receive incoming call notifications with the package installed?

Thanks in advance...
Gordon

Malke

Gordon K wrote:

> I only have anicdotal evidence to support this question. I have
> Windows XP Pro, SP2.
>
> I access the internet using a 56kb v.92 voicemodem, have call waiting
> with
> ID, etc. My ISP provides V.92 support. Following installation of the
> MS Antispyware (Beta) I can no longer receive notification of incoming
> calls, which I formerly received.
>
> My Dialing Rules (in the Phone and Modem Options) do not disable call
> waiting.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience? Or can anyone confirm that
> they're still able to receive incoming call notifications with the
> package installed?
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Gordon

You'd get a better response by posting in one of the newsgroups set up
specifically for MSAS:

At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
newsgroups:

- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com