Does MS AntiSpyware Beta Block Incoming Call (waiting) Not..

I only have anicdotal evidence to support this question. I have Windows XP
Pro, SP2.

I access the internet using a 56kb v.92 voicemodem, have call waiting with
ID, etc. My ISP provides V.92 support. Following installation of the MS
Antispyware (Beta) I can no longer receive notification of incoming calls,
which I formerly received.

My Dialing Rules (in the Phone and Modem Options) do not disable call waiting.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Or can anyone confirm that they're
still able to receive incoming call notifications with the package installed?

Thanks in advance...
Gordon
2 answers Last reply
More about does antispyware beta block incoming call waiting

    Gordon K wrote:

    > I only have anicdotal evidence to support this question. I have
    > Windows XP Pro, SP2.
    >
    > I access the internet using a 56kb v.92 voicemodem, have call waiting
    > with
    > ID, etc. My ISP provides V.92 support. Following installation of the
    > MS Antispyware (Beta) I can no longer receive notification of incoming
    > calls, which I formerly received.
    >
    > My Dialing Rules (in the Phone and Modem Options) do not disable call
    > waiting.
    >
    > Has anyone had a similar experience? Or can anyone confirm that
    > they're still able to receive incoming call notifications with the
    > package installed?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    > Gordon

    You'd get a better response by posting in one of the newsgroups set up
    specifically for MSAS:

    At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
    AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
    newsgroups:

    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
    - microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

    These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. To access these
    newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following location:

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
    information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

    - NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
    - Account name: privatenews\spyware
    - Password: spyware

    NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com