PowerColor 9600XT Bravo issues

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,nz.comp (More info?)

We have one of these with 128MB installed in a Gigabyte motherboard
Athlon XP2500.

It used to crash a lot and the ATI control panel would refuse to run at
startup and lots of error messages would be displayed.

Since windows updated itself to sp2 it is working a little better but
there are still one or two issues.

I have noticed that when display modes are changed the display
flickers/flashes a lot, this also happens at startup.

The other problem is with the secondary display port, if there is no
actual device connected the secondary display card detaches/deactivates
itself and has to be reactivated in the Control Panel.

We use this system's secondary display port to connect to a KVM switchbox
where two computers with dual head cards are sharing the same secondary
display device (a data projector). It would be a lot more convenient if
the secondary display card didn't disable itself on startup if the KVM is
set to the other computer.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,nz.comp (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:48:25 +1200, Patrick Dunford
<patrickdunford@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>We use this system's secondary display port to connect to a KVM switchbox
>where two computers with dual head cards are sharing the same secondary
>display device (a data projector). It would be a lot more convenient if
>the secondary display card didn't disable itself on startup if the KVM is
>set to the other computer.

I think that is pretty much standard behaviour for both ATI and Nvidia drivers.