Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Since I can't trust THG for game reviews, has anyone tried this out and would you be willing to share your comments?

tnx =).

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Browse Google for some other game reviews. There's also a playable demo out that you can check out. The game is average at best. Gameplay and graphics are ok, but the voice acting is SO BAD it totally kills the game experience, for me anyways. The game had potential to be a great one, but it's lacking polish in several areas. If you play through the demo, I think you'll agree.

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
THG seems to give just about every game an 8/10 or better. We need more cynicism.

----------------------
PIV 2.4c @ 2.88ghz
1gig PC3200 (512mbx2)
ASUS P4P800
GF3 Ti200 64mb (soon to be replaced)
WinXP Pro
3DMark2001SE: 6300
3DMark2003: 688

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
actually some one emailed me a nice review. Not a copy-paste, but just an honest review, it was quite nice.

tnx though peeps

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
im guessing you punters live in the that place full of annoying americans they call america :D (joke)
so you might not be able to get my fave games mag PCZONE which is imo a mag written by guys who really do know what they are talking about and as a hardcore gamer since the commodore64 days I trust their reviews of pc games totally (altho in the end who really listens to reviews? chances are if u like the look of a game u will buy it regardless of review)

anyway www.pczone.co.uk features an archive of all their reviews only games for the current month arent reviewed as obviously they are in the mag yur supposed to buy.

now im supposed to be working....

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
canadian... american.... yur all the same :D oh cept canadians say stuff like oot for out and aboot for about and haha u guys have the weirdest accents. still i do hear canadians are better than americans.... but you are decended from the surrender monkeys the french so thats another minus

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

dhlucke

Polypheme
we [-peep-] bigger than you

<font color=red>_________________________________________</font color=red>
<b><A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Margaret Thatcher having sex with a donkey!!!!</A></b>

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Obviously the guy has seen Southpark the movie one time too many...

Speaking of which, I remember a story about a germen fella who lived for some time in the US and worked real hard on his accent and trying to look like an American. Anyway, he was in a Club Med in Europe with his American friend and 2 Turkish guys with a grunge against America approached them, asking them if they were American. The American one said "no dude, I'm Canadian" and left the scene, but the germen one was so flattered he immediately said yes and the Turks started fighting with him, explaining to him that his people seeks world domination and destruction of Islam...

POST is way overrated, the black screen and beeps should be enough for most people.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
hey i just thought it was a south park thing with the characters saying aboot and oot... u dont see much on canada on tv over here in ireland... anyway i didnt think much aboot it till i then saw a tv doc with canadians on it ALL with that funny accent and in fairness south park doesnt take the piss out of canadian accents it just mimics it.... its funny enough to listen to already.. :p

dhlucke

Polypheme
Canadians do say aboot and eh pretty much exactly like in southpark.

Wat you talkin' aboot, eh?

Granted it depends what part of canada they're from.

Damn beady eyes and flapping heads....sigh....

<font color=red>_________________________________________</font color=red>
<b><A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Wiggidy Wack!!!!</A></b>

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
Considering I live in Canada and have worked in every Province, you would think that I should know better.

Oh well, enjoy your ignorance!

Newfies don't count kinetic_tw.

Don't make me have to come kick your ass.

I don't live there, but I was born there and have a lot of family there... I have never heard anyone say 'aboot' either (at least not a Canadian).

Maybe you're thinking of Quebec. They're the ones that don't count. :tongue:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
If that's really the case, then I have learned something new about our neighbors in the north! But dont expect me to stop talking smack about Canadians. =)

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
This canadian thing is dragging out a bit init? It was only meant to be a quick joke :p

(*note to self* dont mock anyones accent)

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
(not directed at you wolfy, just in general)

I too am canadian. Ontario, but half my fam is newfy.

sure they have some thick accects there... depending on what part of the island you go. but i don;t know of anywhere that they say aboot, and they rearly say Eh?!

how ever I say Eh every now and then but no less then the yanks who like to say "huh?!" at the end of everything.

at least the canadian version is more possitive and polite.

the only people i have ever heard say things that sound remotly like aboot are yanks texaners and those found alone the mississippi.

how ever there is one thing that drive me NUTS

NORM Abram says it over and over... and he's not the only one.

the ROOF (that which is on top of the house, is not the Ruff, (it may not be smooth or anything, but its not a ruff)

ANYHOW!!!!!

I too would like to know how good this game is.
so im going to get back on topic.

The graphis for this game look great, but i have only seen a few screen shots...

Are we able to move the camera around like in Dongeon Siege? but hopefully better...with out wall interferance and that.. how smooth is it?

how good is this game for Multiplayers over the internet?

this is the reason i want this game ... im looking for a good game to play online with a few freinds.

<b><A HREF="http://www.1112.net/lastpage.html" target="_new">Finally...the LAST PAGE</A></b>
ASUS P4S8X-P4 2.4B - 2x512M DDR333 - ATI 9500Pro - WD80G HD(8M) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
i played the demo of this game... albeit for 15mins.... the voice acting is gay... the graphics arent very good (rough around the edges) and the entire thing just bored me BUT syaing that its not the kinda game im into but it looked poor to me

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
well its good to know all the same, thanks

<b><A HREF="http://www.1112.net/lastpage.html" target="_new">Finally...the LAST PAGE</A></b>
ASUS P4S8X-P4 2.4B - 2x512M DDR333 - ATI 9500Pro - WD80G HD(8M) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW

Tarack

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2004
Damn you guys are silly. I live in the USA and I think that our Canadian brothers are very cool. I live like 18 miles away (across the water) and have visited there often! We ALL sound alittle different from each other, but thats no reason to dislike anyone. As for the buttwade that has a hard time with us, We'll just nuk your ass !! LOL j/k
As for UT4, I did dl the demo LOVED IT !! I will buy retail when it comes out.
NOW PLAY NICE ALL !! lol

<i><font color=blue>We come from the land of Kings and Queens who blind our eyes and steal our dreams, This is the world of Heaven and Hell.</font color=blue></i>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
maybe canada is part of the "axis of terror" (did i get that phrase right?)