ATI 9600 AIW troubles...Please help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 1, 2004 12:07:48 AM

Hey I recently got a 9600 AIW, and I love it, but I still have to work
out a few kinks. My biggest problem right now is that my A/V box
won't work properly.

I go into TV, and then go to composite. I have my Nintendo 64 hooked
up to that purple box. I used to get just sound, but now I get
neither. For S-Video, I get video, but no sound. I also don't get
sound for my TV Tuner. Right now, I have an RF adaptor hooked to my
TV in and have my N64 hooked up through there, but would like to have
it running through my A/V.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Brown

More about : ati 9600 aiw troubles

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:35:33 PM

g.sarma@verizon.net (brown) wrote in news:D f0a6c93.0409301907.787ea851
@posting.google.com:

> Hey I recently got a 9600 AIW, and I love it, but I still have to work
> out a few kinks. My biggest problem right now is that my A/V box
> won't work properly.
>
> I go into TV, and then go to composite. I have my Nintendo 64 hooked
> up to that purple box. I used to get just sound, but now I get
> neither. For S-Video, I get video, but no sound. I also don't get
> sound for my TV Tuner. Right now, I have an RF adaptor hooked to my
> TV in and have my N64 hooked up through there, but would like to have
> it running through my A/V.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
>
> Brown

There should be a plug from the set of output cables that goes from the AIW
to the Line-In jack on your sound card. Did you plug that in? If you are
not sure what I am talking about, it's the bottom-most cable on this image
here: http://www.ati.com/designpartners/media/images/IMG_4684...

Once you plug that into your sound card, you open your Volume properties
and enable the Line-In controls and you should be able to get sound for
your TV Tuner.

-lyj
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 5:38:08 PM

Thanks for your help

Okay from that I was able to get the sound working, but I still a
problem with my purple box. I get video with S-Video, but no video
with composite. It just gives me a black screen. Can someone help?

-Brown
!