3Dmark05 & Radeon 9800 Pro: DirectX Problem

I installed DirectX9.0b few months ago then had Omega Radeon driver
installed (2kXP OMEGA DRIVERS 2.5.67 8-22-04) several weeks ago.

Recently I downloaded 3Dmark05, and this little pop-up windows says:
Direct3DCreate failed.

Uninstalled that and installed Cataylst 4.9. Reinstalled 3dmark05. Same
thing. Tried to fix this by installing DirectX 9.0c (using dxwebsetup). No
go. (pulls hair) I uninstalled 3Dmark05. Now got to reinstall DirectX 9.0c
SDK then install 3dmark05 once again.

Still that darned "Direct3DCreate9 failed." window popup!!

This on a ASUS P4P800-VM
1gb dual ddr
Radeon 9800PRO 128mb
Maxtor 30gb & 120gb
LiteON DVD writer
running on WinXP (no service packs)
6 answers Last reply
More about 3dmark05 radeon 9800 directx problem

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:46:11 GMT, "nSurfer Tom"
    <mnopar177@spamexcite.com> wrote:

    >Recently I downloaded 3Dmark05, and this little pop-up windows says:
    >Direct3DCreate failed.

    Do your games work fine? If it is just 3DMark05 that doesn't work, I
    wouldn't worry too much, it will only depress you seeing your 9800Pro
    reduced to single digit framerates.

    "nSurfer Tom"wrote
    > Still that darned "Direct3DCreate9 failed." window popup!!

    Works ok here, I had the same thing as you but after i D/L the *full* DX9c
    package and installed it works (I also have sp/2).
    --
    Wayne ][

    > Do your games work fine? If it is just 3DMark05 that doesn't work, I
    > wouldn't worry too much, it will only depress you seeing your 9800Pro
    > reduced to single digit framerates.

    Yes, other games works. 3Dmark03 pops up like it did before with no
    problems.
    Just this sick 3Dmark05's silly tiny window pop-up. I don't care about
    scores,
    just all I wanted was to see how pretty it is after seeing those marvelous
    screenshots.

    "nSurfer Tom" <mnopar177@spamexcite.com> wrote in message

    >> Do your games work fine? If it is just 3DMark05 that doesn't work, I
    >> wouldn't worry too much, it will only depress you seeing your 9800Pro
    >> reduced to single digit framerates.
    >
    > Yes, other games works. 3Dmark03 pops up like it did before with no
    > problems.
    > Just this sick 3Dmark05's silly tiny window pop-up. I don't care about
    > scores,
    > just all I wanted was to see how pretty it is after seeing those marvelous
    > screenshots.

    On my 9800Pro it >still< looks like screenshots :-(

    "Shawk" wrote
    > On my 9800Pro it >still< looks like screenshots :-(

    Lol!
    Don't be such a drama queen :P it looks ok on my system and I have a humble
    Sapphire 9800 (440/390 though!). It's certainly not smooth though, but good
    enough to get a feel for things!. In the return to proxycon when that dude
    with the rail gun lets off! looks like a proper film!. . . I can't believe
    how good the 3D is these days.

    There is allot of guys running whizz-bang A64/6800Ultras/X800XT who are
    still getting choppy results! and they are not happy!

    Call of Duty plays like silk though, and even Doom3 plays well on my 9800. .
    ..

    Next stop, a 512Mb video card for me, maybe 6 months time?
    --
    Wayne ][

    "Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Shawk" wrote
    >> On my 9800Pro it >still< looks like screenshots :-(
    >

    > Lol!
    > Don't be such a drama queen :P it looks ok on my system and I have a
    > humble Sapphire 9800 (440/390 though!). It's certainly not smooth though,
    > but good enough to get a feel for things!. In the return to proxycon when
    > that dude with the rail gun lets off! looks like a proper film!. . . I
    > can't believe how good the 3D is these days.
    >
    > There is allot of guys running whizz-bang A64/6800Ultras/X800XT who are
    > still getting choppy results! and they are not happy!
    >
    > Call of Duty plays like silk though, and even Doom3 plays well on my 9800.
    > . .
    >
    > Next stop, a 512Mb video card for me, maybe 6 months time?
    > --
    > Wayne ][

    Yeah, I want that gun!! Dont care what the game is but someone PLEASE do a
    mod so I can use it. :-)

Radeon Directx Graphics