cd-rom desktop icon disappeared.

My drive E: cdrom desktop shortcut icon had suddenly disappeared for no
apparent reason. Does anybody know how to restore it?
thanks

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2CE03ECF-1A1E-4D58-B361-9F10D2FE6A95@microsoft.com,
philwil <philwil@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My drive E: cdrom desktop shortcut icon had suddenly disappeared for
> no apparent reason. Does anybody know how to restore it?
> thanks

Open up My Computer, right click on the E: Drive, select create shortcut, it
will tell you that you can't make a shortcut there and offer to place it on
your desktop for you.

Galen

Thanks Galen. That's better!

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:2CE03ECF-1A1E-4D58-B361-9F10D2FE6A95@microsoft.com,
> philwil <philwil@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > My drive E: cdrom desktop shortcut icon had suddenly disappeared for
> > no apparent reason. Does anybody know how to restore it?
> > thanks
>
> Open up My Computer, right click on the E: Drive, select create shortcut, it
> will tell you that you can't make a shortcut there and offer to place it on
> your desktop for you.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:A9A231EB-1C44-4D82-8E0B-BFD4E41E2193@microsoft.com,
philwil <philwil@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks Galen. That's better!

No problem and thank you for letting us know that's what worked for you.

Galen

TRENDING THREADS