How to turn off AA in latest CCC in 4.9 catlyst drivers?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 2, 2004 9:35:53 AM

How to turn off AA in latest CCC in 4.9 catlyst drivers?

I dun wanna leave AA ' on ' or leave it to application option I just wanna
switch it off altogether the game I am playing is HALO and video card is
9800 XT 256 mb and even with the slider all the way to performance I stil
lose frames like playing this game with voodoo2 , I had previously geforce 4
ti 4600 and it ran fine with the same reolution. however other 'games' are
fine.

My comp is 2.8 gig p4 with 2 gig ddr2700 RAM.

Cheers folks
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 2, 2004 9:35:54 AM

On 10/1/2004 12:35 PM Chingy brightened our day with:

>How to turn off AA in latest CCC in 4.9 catlyst drivers?
>
>I dun wanna leave AA ' on ' or leave it to application option I just wanna
>switch it off altogether the game I am playing is HALO and video card is
>9800 XT 256 mb and even with the slider all the way to performance I stil
>lose frames like playing this game with voodoo2 , I had previously geforce 4
>ti 4600 and it ran fine with the same reolution. however other 'games' are
>fine.
>
>My comp is 2.8 gig p4 with 2 gig ddr2700 RAM.
>

>Cheers folks

Switch it to application preference, Halo doesn't even support
Anti-Aliasing, so the only way to turn it on in the first place is to
force it through the control panel, even then, AA won't work in Halo.
Unless you have it forced on it's off.
Using the CCC if you set the main 3d thing to balanced you should be OK,
and you should be able to have everything in game cranked and play halo
fine at 1280x1024.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 2, 2004 2:23:31 PM

Set it to aplication preference in your drivers :)  and turn it off in
the game, NO AA or AF then, for both open GL and Direct3d, think halo
uses directX ?

Though with that card it supposed to run slow, even on my 9600 Pro it
runs slow.

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 05:35:53 +1000, "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote:

>How to turn off AA in latest CCC in 4.9 catlyst drivers?
>
>I dun wanna leave AA ' on ' or leave it to application option I just wanna
>switch it off altogether the game I am playing is HALO and video card is
>9800 XT 256 mb and even with the slider all the way to performance I stil
>lose frames like playing this game with voodoo2 , I had previously geforce 4
>ti 4600 and it ran fine with the same reolution. however other 'games' are
>fine.
>
>My comp is 2.8 gig p4 with 2 gig ddr2700 RAM.
>

>Cheers folks

Related resources
October 2, 2004 7:32:57 PM

Well everything is turn down and this fkn game still loses frame rate even
in 640* resolution..

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 10/1/2004 12:35 PM Chingy brightened our day with:
>
>>How to turn off AA in latest CCC in 4.9 catlyst drivers?
>>
>>I dun wanna leave AA ' on ' or leave it to application option I just wanna
>>switch it off altogether the game I am playing is HALO and video card is
>>9800 XT 256 mb and even with the slider all the way to performance I stil
>>lose frames like playing this game with voodoo2 , I had previously geforce
>>4 ti 4600 and it ran fine with the same reolution. however other 'games'
>>are fine.
>>
>>My comp is 2.8 gig p4 with 2 gig ddr2700 RAM.
>>

>>Cheers folks
>>

> Switch it to application preference, Halo doesn't even support
> Anti-Aliasing, so the only way to turn it on in the first place is to
> force it through the control panel, even then, AA won't work in Halo.
> Unless you have it forced on it's off. Using the CCC if you set the main
> 3d thing to balanced you should be OK, and you should be able to have
> everything in game cranked and play halo fine at 1280x1024.
>

> --
> "...forged but accurate."
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 2, 2004 7:32:58 PM

On 10/1/2004 10:32 PM Chingy brightened our day with:

>Well everything is turn down and this fkn game still loses frame rate even
>in 640* resolution..

You've got other problems then.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
October 2, 2004 10:14:26 PM

what it could be mate?
Only this game does that even doom3 and farcry is ok!!!

Cheers

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 10/1/2004 10:32 PM Chingy brightened our day with:
>
>>Well everything is turn down and this fkn game still loses frame rate even
>>in 640* resolution..
>>

> You've got other problems then.
>
> --
> "...forged but accurate."
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 2, 2004 10:14:27 PM

On 10/2/2004 1:14 AM Chingy brightened our day with:

>what it could be mate?
>Only this game does that even doom3 and farcry is ok!!!
>

>Cheers

You may also want to check out "The Maw" forums at bungie
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/topics.aspx?forumID=2

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤