1402 3dMark2005 score need a new Vidcardi think ?

Maybe to play 3dmark2005, but all other games work fine, wait
2dmark2005 aint a game.

My 9600 Pro is not what you call ultra fast but it can play doom 3 at
1024by768 30fps and with all the detail up at high detail and if it
can do that its still a great card, no matter what 3dmark2005 says.

Though iam still upgrading, to a x800 pro or 6800 GT not decided yet
though, still would like to playgames at 4XAA and 16XAF, make the game
slook better and get your moneys worth from your vidcard to :)

Bye.

"Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote
> My 9600 Pro is not what you call ultra fast but it can play doom 3 at
> 1024by768 30fps and with all the detail up at high detail and if it
> can do that its still a great card, no matter what 3dmark2005 says.

I can't even dream of resolutions like 1024x768 with
my 9600pro in games like Doom3 or Thief3, even if
it's overclocked to 450/325... Things get way too
slow compared to 800x600.

Also strange that 800x600 with 2xAA is faster than
1024x768 without AA, I would have imagined this to
be the other way around...

Whats your cpu and ram ??

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:40:13 +0300, "Aki Peltola"
<aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:

>"Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote
>> My 9600 Pro is not what you call ultra fast but it can play doom 3 at
>> 1024by768 30fps and with all the detail up at high detail and if it
>> can do that its still a great card, no matter what 3dmark2005 says.
>
>I can't even dream of resolutions like 1024x768 with
>my 9600pro in games like Doom3 or Thief3, even if
>it's overclocked to 450/325... Things get way too
>slow compared to 800x600.
>
>Also strange that 800x600 with 2xAA is faster than
>1024x768 without AA, I would have imagined this to
>be the other way around...

"Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote
> <aape@POISTAgamma.nic.fi> wrote:
>>I can't even dream of resolutions like 1024x768 with
>>my 9600pro in games like Doom3 or Thief3, even if
>>it's overclocked to 450/325... Things get way too
>>slow compared to 800x600.
>>
>>Also strange that 800x600 with 2xAA is faster than
>>1024x768 without AA, I would have imagined this to
>>be the other way around...
>
> Whats your cpu and ram ??

Barton 2600+, 512megs ddr333 but I think this info
has little to do with the fact that 1024x768 is simply
too much for my little Radeon to handle :)

I get 29.00 fps in the timedemo, but thats with my 9600 pro
overclocked and my Barton 2500 molbile overclokced to 600mhz over its
intended speed :)

9600 Pro overclock is core 461, memory 332X2=664.

I suppose its your CPU speed and memory speed and you only have
512megs,i myself have 1 gig of dual channel DDR running at 5,3,2,2
latency, so iam sure that helps.

I have not benchmarked the game at 800by600 and wont be as 1024by768
is the lowest res i play any game at and i refuse to play any lower :)

From what i hear 800 by 600 seems to be fine for Doom 3,enjoy.

Bye.

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:29:39 +0300, "Aki Peltola"

"Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> I get 29.00 fps in the timedemo, but thats with my 9600 pro
> overclocked and my Barton 2500 molbile overclokced to 600mhz over its
> intended speed :)
>

> 9600 Pro overclock is core 461, memory 332X2=664.
>
> I suppose its your CPU speed and memory speed and you only have
> 512megs,i myself have 1 gig of dual channel DDR running at 5,3,2,2
> latency, so iam sure that helps.
>
> I have not benchmarked the game at 800by600 and wont be as 1024by768
> is the lowest res i play any game at and i refuse to play any lower :)
>

> From what i hear 800 by 600 seems to be fine for Doom 3,enjoy.
>
> Bye.

800*600 with 4x AA looks pretty good, better than 1024*768 with no AA imho.
You don't say if you are using any cfg file tweaks, which can give you extra
fps. The biggest increase I got was using optimized shadows, but I thought
it detracted from the game too much, so I'm not using them.
I would rather play at a lower resolution and enjoy a game than be some kind
of pretentious tosser over what resolution I play my games in.
Though I suppose with Doom3, after the first few levels it gets pretty banal
so it doesn't have much else going for it except eye candy.

Iam using that humus tweak thing, and also tweaked autoexec.cfg i got
off a website :)