Check this out... It makes it a new game...

Last response: in Video Games
January 17, 2005 3:54:13 AM

Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...

-HALF-LIFE 2:SUBSTANCE V0.32 to V0.35 PATCH
-enhanced single player experience by xdiesp
http://xdiesp.altervista.org
X.Latest news
1.about
2.installation
3.system requirements
4.credits
5.thanks
6.disclaimer

X . Latest news
- 3 new edited HL2S levels: 33,34,35
- revised skins: Alyx,gunship,headcrab,zombie,cop,pistol,submachinegun
- revised sounds: irifle fire,gravity gun loop
- enhanced maximum ammo for weapons: Colt 357,shotgun,crossbow,rpg
- damage from headshots enhanced
- added the capability to lift wrecked cars with the gravity gun
- level31-not-loading bug fixed
NOTE: to shorten the loading times considerably,all you need to do is
copy your "\Half-Life2\hl2\maps" folder and paste it into the
"sourcemods\HL2Substance\" mod directory.

1 . ABOUT
"HL²:SUBSTANCE gives a new breath to the HL2 single player by
improving every and each aspect of its gameplay. Shortly,no level
plays the same again: I'm a fanatic of intensive action and my levels
speak for me. Voidness and boredom in HL2 are no more! Challenge is
much improved too: the SP veterans will be pleased,expect a Nova
Prospekt-like requirement of skill since the very start.
Gigantic,bloody battles never seen before will enrage on your screen:
and you'll never fight them alone because teamplay is another
milestone of mine. Rebel forces,vortigaunt pals: keep your friends
closer than ever. Try the 7th level to see what I mean for this - it's
better than a thousand words. The new variety of this SP will surprise
you: the original HL2 experience is dramatically subverted. Don't try
imagine what will come next: keep firmer your grip on the gun or you
won't be there! New skins and sound are included to further
personalize your new passage through City17. Welcome to the real
substance action is made of."

2 . INSTALLATION
extract the zip archive into your sourcemods\HL2Substance directory
and let it overwrite some previous files.

3 . HOW TO PLAY
simply load steam and select "play games - HL2Substance". The open
your "New Game" menu and play the Substance level of your choice. And
when you have beaten that,the game will automatically pass to the next
Substance level (level 26 must be loaded manually).

4 . SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
these richer,more frantic versions of HL² stages may sometimes use a
slightly higher quantity of system resources than the the old,plain
ones did - it is normal. If you experience slow downs,try lower down a
bit your level of detail or resolution setting: HL² graphics are so
great that you won't even notice the quality loss,while instead fully
appreciating the FPS boost!

5 . CREDITS
Levels HL2S,skin headcrab/zombie/alyx/gunship/soldier and soundpack
(collected from CS:S copyright Valve + Doom 3 copyright i.d. Software)
by xdiesp.
Installer,coding and compiling of the linking entity by Amenotep (the
best!)
Skin metropolice,antlionguard,black USP by Toby Bamford
www.corrosion-3d.co.uk
Skin chromeshotgun by Fragger http://www.skinz.sof2land.com/
Skin camo rpg by Triplesix T|2IPL3_6[K-9] www.kain-9.com
Skin manhack/urban camo soldier by Dreadlord1337
http://www.the-citadel.org/
Playtesting of the demo-mod version by Spacco
Screenshots by UN0,moderator #half-life2

6 . THANKS
thanks to Yahn of the VERC forums for the essential infos on the
realization of linking entity. Thanks also to the crew of the forums:
www.tgmonline.it, www.fpsforum.it, ww.multiplayer.it
,www.ngi.it,www.halflife2.net and the IRC channel irc #half-life2
(server Azzurra): without your constant and useful feedback the mod
wouldn't be here.

7. DISCLAIMER
all the materials and the Half-Life 2 logo are copyright Valve
Software. This operation is strictly non commercial. Please do not use
this mod in other projects without contacting me. I'm not responsible
for software or hardware damage caused by erroneous uses of this mod.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

More about : check makes game

January 17, 2005 3:54:14 AM

Does this HALF-LIFE 2:SUBSTANCE download itself to my HL2 or do I have to do
something to make it work?
Please let me know.

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
news:D q1mu0lfoi7ku4lrjhk6sh5kp3jeo3enuu@4ax.com...
> [...]
> www.tgmonline.it, www.fpsforum.it, ww.multiplayer.it
> ,www.ngi.it,www.halflife2.net and the IRC channel irc #half-life2
> (server Azzurra): without your constant and useful feedback the mod
> wouldn't be here.
>
> 7. DISCLAIMER
> all the materials and the Half-Life 2 logo are copyright Valve
> Software. This operation is strictly non commercial. Please do not use
> this mod in other projects without contacting me. I'm not responsible
> for software or hardware damage caused by erroneous uses of this mod.
>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming

This HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE is really cool.
A few problems besides the very slow load/loading times the game plays slow
and/or erratic like when they is alot action and I know there is alot of
action thats the point of this mod, but is there a way to play this without
it being slow/erratic?
My system is new as I just about a month ago do a major upgrade in order to
play HL2.

My basic system specs are:
Asus K8N Ai mobo - (new/upgrade)
AMD 3000+ 64 Athlon - (new/upgrade)
BFG Asylum 5700 ultra 128mb - (about a year old)
768mb pc2700 memory - (alittle over a year old)

Thats not a bad systems as this has played every game that have and have
bought in the last month perfectly except for this HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE.
Any ideas to play this HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE perfectly or is it just this
way no matter what?

> [...]
> www.tgmonline.it, www.fpsforum.it, ww.multiplayer.it
> ,www.ngi.it,www.halflife2.net and the IRC channel irc #half-life2
> (server Azzurra): without your constant and useful feedback the mod
> wouldn't be here.
>
> 7. DISCLAIMER
> all the materials and the Half-Life 2 logo are copyright Valve
> Software. This operation is strictly non commercial. Please do not use
> this mod in other projects without contacting me. I'm not responsible
> for software or hardware damage caused by erroneous uses of this mod.
>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming

As cool as this mod sounds I aint gonna touch it until I have a major
upgrade, my pc had enough trouble with the strider battles in the
standard game. :|
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 4:26:10 AM

Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:54:13 GMT, Cannon Fodder <gonfishn@airmail.net>
wrote:

>Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
>a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 4:54:29 AM

I extracted the zip archive of substance into
programfiles/valve/steam/steamapps/sourcemods directory, but when I open
"play games", "substance" doesn't show up. When I try to apply the patch
there is no folder to apply the patch to.

> [...]
> www.tgmonline.it, www.fpsforum.it, ww.multiplayer.it
> ,www.ngi.it,www.halflife2.net and the IRC channel irc #half-life2
> (server Azzurra): without your constant and useful feedback the mod
> wouldn't be here.
>
> 7. DISCLAIMER
> all the materials and the Half-Life 2 logo are copyright Valve
> Software. This operation is strictly non commercial. Please do not use
> this mod in other projects without contacting me. I'm not responsible
> for software or hardware damage caused by erroneous uses of this mod.
>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming

January 17, 2005 5:32:07 AM

> Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
> level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
> suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!
>
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:54:13 GMT, Cannon Fodder <gonfishn@airmail.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
>>a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...
>>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>
> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

Oh Boy, more fun already, Here we go again. :-))))

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne
Anonymous

Yep, I was afraid the modders had worn them selves out on HL1 but I
guess it'll happen again.... This is not a new SP mod but an additon
that makes the original game more intense with more ammo and
baddies....

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:32:07 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
>> Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
>> level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
>> suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!
>>
>> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:54:13 GMT, Cannon Fodder <gonfishn@airmail.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
>>>a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...
>>>

>> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
>> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
>> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
>> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
>> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
>> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
>> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>>
>> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
>
>Oh Boy, more fun already, Here we go again. :-))))

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 5:50:41 AM

wrote:

>Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
>a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...

All that extra action kills older cpu's - a slideshow on my XP1900 :/

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

Looks good, a few surprises already, Got clobbered by them, wasen't
expecting them, keeping sharper eye now. The Modders will probably keep us
going for quite a while yet, .

Thanks Modders, We appreciate your hard work and Efforts.

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

> Yep, I was afraid the modders had worn them selves out on HL1 but I
> guess it'll happen again.... This is not a new SP mod but an additon
> that makes the original game more intense with more ammo and
> baddies....
>
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:32:07 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>

>>"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
>>> Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
>>> level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
>>> suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!

>>> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
>>> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
>>> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
>>> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
>>> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
>>> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
>>> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>>>
>>> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
>>
>>Oh Boy, more fun already, Here we go again. :-))))
>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>
> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:00:23 AM

Read the read me file in the extaction... It's simple....

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:49:58 -0800, "borg" <no@cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
>> this mod in other projects without contacting me. I'm not responsible
>> for software or hardware damage caused by erroneous uses of this mod.
>>

>> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
>> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
>> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
>> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
>> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
>> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
>> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>>
>> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming

January 17, 2005 6:01:37 AM

Then don't try it or upgrade.. :)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:50:41 +0000, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:54:13 GMT, Cannon Fodder <gonfishn@airmail.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
>>a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...
>>

>All that extra action kills older cpu's - a slideshow on my XP1900 :/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:02:43 AM

"borg" wrote

> Thats not a bad systems as this has played every game that have and have
> bought in the last month perfectly except for this HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE.
> Any ideas to play this HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE perfectly or is it just this
> way no matter what?

Substance is not a carefully balanced game
And as such don't expect to run smoothly like most other games
My guess is that you need a dual xeon rig from tyan or one one of the
monsters from alineware to have it run smooth as silk

Live with it or die by it

Oh btw your memory is way behind todays standards

- Peter
January 17, 2005 11:02:44 AM

"Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

> Oh btw your memory is way behind todays standards

What do you mean "Oh btw your memory is way behind todays standards", my
brand-new mobo only accepts as high as PC3200 and that mobo is newer
model(about 2 - 3 months) for Asus, so PC2700 can't be "way behind" todays
standards.

January 17, 2005 11:47:35 AM

You DL two zip files, then you extract them yourself into the required
folder, with "Use folder names" turned ON.
McG.

"borg" <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:iJFGd.8321$ru.3245@fed1read07
> [...]
>> www.tgmonline.it, www.fpsforum.it, ww.multiplayer.it
>> ,www.ngi.it,www.halflife2.net and the IRC channel irc #half-life2
>> (server Azzurra): without your constant and useful feedback the mod
>> wouldn't be here.
>>
>> 7. DISCLAIMER
>> all the materials and the Half-Life 2 logo are copyright Valve
>> Software. This operation is strictly non commercial. Please do not
>> use this mod in other projects without contacting me. I'm not
>> responsible for software or hardware damage caused by erroneous uses
>> of this mod. "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
>> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
>> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
>> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
>> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
>> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming

January 17, 2005 11:49:05 AM

"borg" <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:1BGGd.9114$ru.3030@fed1read07
> This HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE is really cool.
> A few problems besides the very slow load/loading times the game
> plays slow and/or erratic like when they is alot action and I know
> there is alot of action thats the point of this mod, but is there a
> way to play this without it being slow/erratic?
> My system is new as I just about a month ago do a major upgrade in
> order to play HL2.
>
> My basic system specs are:
> Asus K8N Ai mobo - (new/upgrade)
> AMD 3000+ 64 Athlon - (new/upgrade)
> BFG Asylum 5700 ultra 128mb - (about a year old)
> 768mb pc2700 memory - (alittle over a year old)
>
> Thats not a bad systems as this has played every game that have and
> have bought in the last month perfectly except for this HALF-LIFE 2:
> SUBSTANCE. Any ideas to play this HALF-LIFE 2: SUBSTANCE perfectly or
> is it just this way no matter what?

Your FX5700 is the bottleneck now.
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:50:45 AM

Ok, ya woke me up for this? Ha! Ok, got both installed now. Copying
\maps folder over.... will try out asap :)

McG.

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
> Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
> level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
> suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!
>
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:54:13 GMT, Cannon Fodder <gonfishn@airmail.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's
>> like a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...
>>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>
> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!
January 17, 2005 11:40:53 PM

Cannon Fodder wrote:

> Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's like
> a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...

Works fine here, acceptable frame rates (just knocked sound down to
medium). Games bloody frantic though isn't it? Queen Antlions in the
1st level??! Up to the sewers now. Enjoyed it - fun - bit like Serious
Sam in that it's just run and shoot. Dont know that I'll play it
through though. Much prefer the balance of HL2. IMHO a good game to
dip in when wound up and wanting to shoot some bugger!

Shaun

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 1:53:58 AM

I've got it working now thanks to the "use folder names". Where do I get the
maps? Which directory? I went to program files\Valve\steam, but I didn't see
a half life2 folder in there or any maps.

> Ok, ya woke me up for this? Ha! Ok, got both installed now. Copying
> \maps folder over.... will try out asap :)
>
> McG.
>

> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
>> Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
>> level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
>> suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!
>>
>> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:54:13 GMT, Cannon Fodder <gonfishn@airmail.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Ya gotta down load the 24meg MOD and then the 6 meg patch... It's
>>> like a new game and it doesn't affect your original install...
>>>

>> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
>> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
>> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
>> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
>> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
>> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
>> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
>>
>> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:02:59 AM

"borg" <no@cox.net> wrote in message news:o dLGd.9583$ru.7167@fed1read07
> "Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message:
>>
>> Oh btw your memory is way behind todays standards
>>

> What do you mean "Oh btw your memory is way behind todays standards",
> my brand-new mobo only accepts as high as PC3200 and that mobo is
> newer model(about 2 - 3 months) for Asus, so PC2700 can't be "way
> behind" todays standards.

That could be simply lower speed ram than the OP's mobo is able to use.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 7:12:34 AM

Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\<<your account name>>\half-life
2\hl2\maps

Copy that maps folder (the folder itself) into the hl2substance folder you
extracted. Hence, when you open the hl2substance\maps folder you should see
new folders, such as soundcache.

"po" <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I've got it working now thanks to the "use folder names". Where do I get
the
> maps? Which directory? I went to program files\Valve\steam, but I didn't
see
> a half life2 folder in there or any maps.

> > Ok, ya woke me up for this? Ha! Ok, got both installed now. Copying
> > \maps folder over.... will try out asap :)
> >
> > McG.
> >

> > "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message
> >> Cripes!!!! This is intense... I don't know if I can play it with this
> >> level of mayhem.. Fun but deadly.... I just tried Level 7 as
> >> suggested and ya already have ant lions.... This is going to be FUN!!!

> >> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
> >> the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
> >> and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
> >> sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
> >> the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
> >> thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
> >> WOO HOO - What a Ride!"
> >>
> >> I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 7:12:35 AM

Okay. That did it.

I'm still getting stuck on the rooftops. It says I don't have some file. I
may have screwed things up badly yesterday when I extracted without checking
"use folder names". Then I put the patch on just by sending it to that
folder your supposed to send it to. I screwed around with copying and
pasting things I probably have to reinstall the whole game now.

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\<<your account name>>\half-life
> 2\hl2\maps
>
> Copy that maps folder (the folder itself) into the hl2substance folder you
> extracted. Hence, when you open the hl2substance\maps folder you should
> see
> new folders, such as soundcache.
>

> "po" <prbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> I've got it working now thanks to the "use folder names". Where do I get
> the
>> maps? Which directory? I went to program files\Valve\steam, but I didn't
> see
>> a half life2 folder in there or any maps.
>>
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok, ya woke me up for this? Ha! Ok, got both installed now. Copying
>> > \maps folder over.... will try out asap :)
>> >
>> > McG.
>> >

>> > "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn@airmail.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:00:13 PM

I have got as far as where you meet Dog and so far the only bit I really
liked was the ant-lions in the station.

There are some nice shots of vortigaunts zapping stuff for you but that just
makes it easier.

I keep meeting resistance who want to help me but since I'm in an air-boat
and they are on foot what is the point? (Some will happily walk under water
but most wont even cross a shallow stream)

Hordes of striders just look the other way.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:00:14 PM

This mod is jaw droppingly crazy. I'm finding myself having to turn
Godmode on every few loadings just to stay alive. And this is on easy!!
If Valve had released HL2 like this it would have been the game of the
century.. oh, wait. Anyway, it has some UI glitches, and loading issues,
and a bit of a congestion problem, but overall a very nice mod!

-Acercanto (young pup)
user:forestman domain:vt.edu

Nick Hounsome wrote:
> I have got as far as where you meet Dog and so far the only bit I really
> liked was the ant-lions in the station.
>
> There are some nice shots of vortigaunts zapping stuff for you but that just
> makes it easier.
>
> I keep meeting resistance who want to help me but since I'm in an air-boat
> and they are on foot what is the point? (Some will happily walk under water
> but most wont even cross a shallow stream)
>
> Hordes of striders just look the other way.

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 1:41:27 AM

> Okay. That did it.
>
> I'm still getting stuck on the rooftops. It says I don't have some file. I
> may have screwed things up badly yesterday when I extracted without
checking
> "use folder names". Then I put the patch on just by sending it to that
> folder your supposed to send it to. I screwed around with copying and
> pasting things I probably have to reinstall the whole game now.

Uhhg. I'm getting the impression you've never dealt with a comperssed file
in your LIFE. Surely you know by now how to properly deal with zip/rar
files.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 12:59:27 PM

> Ya should start from the beginning... This bitch is intense... Made it
> to the red barn on "Water Hazard"... Had the cops and zombies whipped
> and thought I was home free until I suddenly died!!! A damned strider
> showed up and kicked my butt... I've died a thousand times to reach
> this point.... Time for a few SA DB's..... Wake up in the morn, go to
> work, come home and log on to this nightmare tomorrow...

I'll try it then. From the beginning. Got a few things to get caught
up on IRL first tho.
McG.
!