microtask scheduler problem with Norton Security

When I update the Norton Internet security, it finishes the update and then
tells me that the update could not be finished becuase there is a task
scheduling service problem on my computer and it gives an exit code: 080.
I have called Norton and they say it is a microsoft issue. I have updated
my windows xp program with microsoft service packs and updates, but it still
does not work.
Origionally Norton had me go to run: misconfig and then check the box near
the CCAPP. That worked until the next update.

Symantec Automated Support Assistant
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

--
Carey Frisch