Nvidia Giving Away Two Gaming Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Seems interesting. Little confused how customisable it is. Looked up the rules and found:

"Total prize value under $4500"

So not sure it one could really customise all that much with that price limit being set in the rules.

Of course, dell is being dumb and charging $400 to go from 4gb to 16gb (4 dimms). I could go to the major online retailers (the ones I see ads on this website for) and pick up dual channel 16gb (4 dimms) for $110+.

Anyways they are kind of being stingy with their runner up price.

Dan2013

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Want soo much, and I need it too. 1st gen core i3 graphics don't do so well with even light gaming. XD

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]What's the point of a 18.4" laptop that weights 5.5kg?Might as well buy a desktop.[/citation]

More like a desktop replacement, much easier to move around than a desktop, screen, keyboard etc..

dj1001

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
if I won I'd sell it without opening it to fund an awesome desktop build.
I already have an adequate gaming laptop in my GE620Dx.

xyster

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
I'd keep it; not sell it.

My current notebook isn't really fast enough to play much more than 5-year old games and a desktop is a fairly anti-social gaming platform in comparison. Plus, I could also use an extra space heater this winter....

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]More like a desktop replacement, much easier to move around than a desktop, screen, keyboard etc..[/citation]
ie, it is more easily stolen than a desktop.

jamie_1318

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Overpriced Alienware stuff like always. wouldn't mind winning one though. Kinda need a new laptop. Rather one that prioritized battery life and weight (like they should be) though.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]FFS ITS AMERICA AND CANADA ONLY, HAVENT YOU HEARD OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?[/citation]
Hell yeah finally canada and sorry dude but that just increased my chance to win :p.

Zagen30

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]FFS ITS AMERICA AND CANADA ONLY, HAVENT YOU HEARD OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?[/citation]

Nvidia would be more than willing to pay for international shipping if it weren't for every country having different contest laws. The contest laws in the US are diverse enough as it is; I've seen lots of sweepstakes where certain states are excluded, presumably because the rules didn't meet that state's criteria. Now imagine clearing a contest with dozens of different countries who may not have rules and regulations that are anywhere near as similar as each US state's regulations, and you begin to see why most contests are US only. Even if they did get it authorized in some countries, you'd still have people from those that weren't cleared complaining about how they couldn't enter.

Graham_71

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
It would be far better if they compensated all those who were left with a useless hardware because of their GPU failures, world-wide not just those lucky enough to be living in the USA where the class action lawsuit was limited, and they should admit it was their fault & apologise.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]What's the point of a 18.4" laptop that weights 5.5kg?Might as well buy a desktop.[/citation]

my old dell e1705 weighed about that much. haha

G

It would be nice if I won one. Would be able to replace the gaming laptop I used to have that fried due to Nvidia's defective POS 8600m cards that the company got sued over but wouldn't warranty. Of course if it had a Nvidia video card in it, I'd probably end up selling it and replace it with an ATI based one, just so I know it wont go up in smoke in less than 2 years.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]Hell yeah finally canada and sorry dude but that just increased my chance to win .[/citation]
the rules and regulations would not allow them to do it, it's not their fault....you can thank OBAMA and his so called czars for this :(

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]FFS ITS AMERICA AND CANADA ONLY, HAVENT YOU HEARD OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING?[/citation]the rules and regulations would not allow them to do it, it's not their fault....you can thank OBAMA and his so called czars for this :(

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]the rules and regulations would not allow them to do it, it's not their fault....you can thank OBAMA and his so called czars for this[/citation]
wrong post :)

G

Rant beware.
i got busted by nvida 3 times,an hp dv9335 not elegible,a dell xps 1710 they replaced it 3 times and still never worked ,then a macbook with an 8600 replaced 2 times then sell it for peanuts,ati only fail on me once on an ibook g3 radeon 7500 replaced under warranty once and still works after all this years and massive hours of warcraft 3,so i say to nvidia go and trow your *&^%%$$^&* videocards and chipsets on your &^%$$#$%*.

rant over!

Status
Not open for further replies.