LSASRV 40961 & USERENV 1030

I need some help with these weird events showing up on my XP SP2 machines.
Although they seem fine I am worried that my GP are not updating.

I have 2K3 domain with 2 DCs.

LSASRV Event ID 40961 says:
The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server
ldap/mydc1.mydomain.com/mydomain.com@mydomain.com. No authentication
protocol was available.

USERENV 1030 says:
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that
describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

These two events happen one after the other. I'm not sure what's causing
this as they only show up on the XP machines.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like your workstation are not able to make a secure connection to the
DC to download the group polices. The link for Event 1030 has some things
(Related KB articles section) you can try to isolate the issue. Once you
isolate the problem, you will probably know what to fix. If not, come back
with more details.

LSASRV Event ID 40961:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=lsasrv&EvtID=40961&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

USERENV 1030:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=Userenv&EvtID=1030&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

Good luck.
--
Michiko Short [MSFT]
newsgroup purposes only.

"Esteban Almeida" <EstebanAlmeida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2D694DD7-F92E-4FF0-A64B-5DF39A358BF1@microsoft.com...
>I need some help with these weird events showing up on my XP SP2 machines.
> Although they seem fine I am worried that my GP are not updating.
>
> I have 2K3 domain with 2 DCs.
>
> LSASRV Event ID 40961 says:
> The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the
> server
> ldap/mydc1.mydomain.com/mydomain.com@mydomain.com. No authentication
> protocol was available.
>
> USERENV 1030 says:
> Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that
> describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.
>
> These two events happen one after the other. I'm not sure what's causing
> this as they only show up on the XP machines.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for the info, however, I went over the KBs for the 1030 error and I
still seem to get the error. My DCDIAG comes up clean, netdiag, you name it.

The weird thing is, it looks like my GPO processing is working just fine
otherwise wouldn't I be seeing similiar errors on 2000 machines? These
events are being logged by the XP machines only. Very strange. As far as I
can tell, the XP machines as well as others are getting GPOs OK. I know if
it aint broke, dont fix it, but these errors seem to be something if they
keep coming up.

Hmm.