Network Access Mistake

I am an admistrator on my PC with WIN XP Pro and I am expierancing a problem
accessing the workgroup. When I click on "view workgroup computers" it gives
me a message saying, "Mshome is not accessible. You might not have
permission to use this network resource. Contact the adminstrator of this
server to find out if you have access permissions.
The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Malke

Dan Shmidt wrote:

> I am an admistrator on my PC with WIN XP Pro and I am expierancing a
> problem
> accessing the workgroup. When I click on "view workgroup computers"
> it gives
> me a message saying, "Mshome is not accessible. You might not have
> permission to use this network resource. Contact the adminstrator of
> this server to find out if you have access permissions.
> The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

The way you solve this will depend on what operating systems/versions
the other workstations are running. Here are links to help you:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
(Pro)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

In addition, here is an excellent network troubleshooter by MVP
Hans-Georg Michna:
http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

If you can't figure out what to do after looking at the
practicallynetworked.com links, go through the troubleshooter carefully
and it will pinpoint the problem area(s).

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com