registry key for "password never expired"

I can set "Password never expired" in user management snap-ins in MMC.But can
anybody tell me how to set it by registry key?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about registry password expired

    "nizj" <nizj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can set "Password never expired" in user management snap-ins in MMC.But
    >can
    > anybody tell me how to set it by registry key?
    >
    > Thanks

    This isn't something you would do in the registry. But if you are trying to
    write a script or something, you can have a look at the NET USER command:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es-xl;251394&sd=tech

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

    "" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin:

    >"nizj" <nizj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I can set "Password never expired" in user management snap-ins in MMC.But
    >>can anybody tell me how to set it by registry key?
    >
    >This isn't something you would do in the registry. But if you are trying to
    >write a script or something, you can have a look at the NET USER command:
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es-xl;251394&sd=tech

    That URL seems to contain a duplicate of the local help text for
    "net use". Unless my eyes are worse than usual, neither one tells
    how to set when the password will expire, only when the account
    will expire.

    Right now my passwords never expire, and I'd like to set them for
    90 days. How would I do that?

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Security Management Registry Microsoft Windows XP