registry key for "password never expired"

a b 8 Security
March 28, 2005 11:27:16 PM

I can set "Password never expired" in user management snap-ins in MMC.But can
anybody tell me how to set it by registry key?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 29, 2005 11:17:07 PM

"nizj" <nizj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can set "Password never expired" in user management snap-ins in MMC.But
>can
> anybody tell me how to set it by registry key?
>
> Thanks

This isn't something you would do in the registry. But if you are trying to
write a script or something, you can have a look at the NET USER command:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es-xl;251394&sd=tech

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP

"" wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin:

>"nizj" <nizj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I can set "Password never expired" in user management snap-ins in MMC.But
>>can anybody tell me how to set it by registry key?
>
>This isn't something you would do in the registry. But if you are trying to
>write a script or something, you can have a look at the NET USER command:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;es-xl;251394&sd=tech

That URL seems to contain a duplicate of the local help text for
"net use". Unless my eyes are worse than usual, neither one tells
how to set when the password will expire, only when the account
will expire.

Right now my passwords never expire, and I'd like to set them for
90 days. How would I do that?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
!