Turning off the firewall

How can I tell if the MS Firewall is off? I went to control panel > windows
firewall and selected off and ok. However, control center > security center
still shows on! I thought the alerts I selected would show me when the
firewall is off too.
I'm WinXP/SP2.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about turning firewall

    You may have multiple firewalls installed.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Jim R" <rip999atcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > How can I tell if the MS Firewall is off? I went to control panel >
    > windows firewall and selected off and ok. However, control center >
    > security center still shows on! I thought the alerts I selected would show
    > me when the firewall is off too.
    > I'm WinXP/SP2.
    > Thanks.

Firewalls Security Windows XP