Steam purchase secure?

I've been poking around the steampowered webiste and such, and I can't see
an answer to this, so I'll ask here in the hopes someone else already knows

If I purchase HL2 silver over steam, is the communication with their server
secure (i.e. encrypted)? One would assume that it really should be, there's
no excuse not to, but I'd rather not broadcast my credit card number in
plaintext

How parnoid can ya get???? Of course it's safe... You can deny any
charge at any time.... When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles,
scream and shout....

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:05:31 -0800, "JH" <no@email> wrote:

>I've been poking around the steampowered webiste and such, and I can't see
>an answer to this, so I'll ask here in the hopes someone else already knows
>
>If I purchase HL2 silver over steam, is the communication with their server
>secure (i.e. encrypted)? One would assume that it really should be, there's
>no excuse not to, but I'd rather not broadcast my credit card number in
>plaintext

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

JH wrote:
> I've been poking around the steampowered webiste and such, and I can't see
> an answer to this, so I'll ask here in the hopes someone else already knows
>
> If I purchase HL2 silver over steam, is the communication with their server
> secure (i.e. encrypted)? One would assume that it really should be, there's
> no excuse not to, but I'd rather not broadcast my credit card number in
> plaintext

There were many 1000s who bought HL2 from Steam at the time of release
(myself included). Of all the "moans" floating around the internet
about Steam, I've never heard of anyone who's had their credit card
compromised as a result.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench