Lower resolution brings corrupt screen

Hi all,

I recently completed building my new PC, and so far so good.
The only problem I've encountered so far is regarding the screen
resolution.

My TFT's native resolution is 1280x1024 and that's how I keep it. It
looks great although some text is slightly on the small side.

Just to test out, I tried dropping the resolution to 1024x768. The
output is terrible. The text looks corrupted and unreadable. I
understand that changing resolutions to one that isn't native will cause
loss in quality but this is more than just blurring.

I've tested the monitor on another PC and tried 1024x768 and it looked
ok. So I'm guessing its a video card/driver problem. Has anyone
experienced this or know of a fix?

I tried a 'print screen' but the output looks normal and uncorrupted
when I revert back to native settings.

Monitor - iiyama E431S
Video Card - Sapphire 9800Pro

Tim

OVS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently completed building my new PC, and so far so good.
> The only problem I've encountered so far is regarding the screen
> resolution.
>
> My TFT's native resolution is 1280x1024 and that's how I keep it. It
> looks great although some text is slightly on the small side.
>
> Just to test out, I tried dropping the resolution to 1024x768. The
> output is terrible. The text looks corrupted and unreadable. I
> understand that changing resolutions to one that isn't native will cause
> loss in quality but this is more than just blurring.
>
> I've tested the monitor on another PC and tried 1024x768 and it looked
> ok. So I'm guessing its a video card/driver problem. Has anyone
> experienced this or know of a fix?
>
> I tried a 'print screen' but the output looks normal and uncorrupted
> when I revert back to native settings.
>

> Monitor - iiyama E431S
> Video Card - Sapphire 9800Pro

Best bet is to go through the readme's at http://www.atitech.ca 's
support page and see if they have any driver fixes for that sort of
problem. You do have it connected to the dvi port? If not, do so.

> Best bet is to go through the readme's at http://www.atitech.ca 's
> support page and see if they have any driver fixes for that sort of
> problem. You do have it connected to the dvi port? If not, do so.

Thanks for the link Tim. Unfortunately I've already had a good look through
that site and didn't find anything relevant on my problem
Its not connected through DVI as yet, I'll get the cable soon and hopefully
that'll fix the problem. But I'm not sure it will. The text isn't just
slightly blurred which I would have expected but messed up looking(not a
good way of explaining, but the best I can manage!)

Thanks for the reply