best omega drivers for 9600xt 256mb?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 5, 2004 1:09:18 PM

Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega, if
so which ones?

smithy
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 5, 2004 1:54:44 PM

Catylast and Omega Latest allways.

Iam using Omega and allways will, no particular reason, just do :)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:09:18 +1000, "smithy" <smithy@com.au> wrote:

>Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega, if
>so which ones?
>
>smithy

October 5, 2004 9:07:21 PM

Well that aint gonna help much cos you just do!!!!!

"Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Catylast and Omega Latest allways.
>
> Iam using Omega and allways will, no particular reason, just do :)
>

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:09:18 +1000, "smithy" <smithy@com.au> wrote:
>
>>Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega, if
>>so which ones?
>>
>>smithy

Related resources
October 5, 2004 9:07:22 PM

Omega drivers are tweaked for gaming. You can do most of the tweaking
yourself and the regular ATI drivers but he does do more then just that.
Anyway I use the Omega's and like them better. JMHO

Randy

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> Well that aint gonna help much cos you just do!!!!!
>

> "Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> Catylast and Omega Latest allways.
>>
>> Iam using Omega and allways will, no particular reason, just do :)
>>

>> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:09:18 +1000, "smithy" <smithy@com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega,
>>>if
>>>so which ones?
>>>
>>>smithy

October 5, 2004 9:07:23 PM

I have had much better luck with the Omegas than the Cats..smoother games
,clearer images. I have tried to tweak the Cats to get them there but it
just ain't the same.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 7, 2004 12:10:21 AM

Same here, use Omega's here. Got about an 8fps in Doom 3 after installing
the latest.

I'm running a 128 ATI Radeon 9600, plain no XT/SE. I was getting 33.x fps
in Doom 3 with the last version of the Omega's, I'm getting about 41 fps
with the new ones.

!