best omega drivers for 9600xt 256mb?

Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega, if
so which ones?

smithy
5 answers Last reply
More about best omega drivers 9600xt 256mb

    Catylast and Omega Latest allways.

    Iam using Omega and allways will, no particular reason, just do :)

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:09:18 +1000, "smithy" <smithy@com.au> wrote:

    >Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega, if
    >so which ones?
    >
    >smithy

    Well that aint gonna help much cos you just do!!!!!

    "Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Catylast and Omega Latest allways.
    >
    > Iam using Omega and allways will, no particular reason, just do :)
    >

    > On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:09:18 +1000, "smithy" <smithy@com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega, if
    >>so which ones?
    >>
    >>smithy

    Omega drivers are tweaked for gaming. You can do most of the tweaking
    yourself and the regular ATI drivers but he does do more then just that.
    Anyway I use the Omega's and like them better. JMHO

    Randy

    "Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
    > Well that aint gonna help much cos you just do!!!!!
    >

    > "Avid Gamer" <Scully@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Catylast and Omega Latest allways.
    >>
    >> Iam using Omega and allways will, no particular reason, just do :)
    >>

    >> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:09:18 +1000, "smithy" <smithy@com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just wanting to know the best drivers for this card, normal ati? omega,
    >>>if
    >>>so which ones?
    >>>
    >>>smithy

    I have had much better luck with the Omegas than the Cats..smoother games
    ,clearer images. I have tried to tweak the Cats to get them there but it
    just ain't the same.

    Same here, use Omega's here. Got about an 8fps in Doom 3 after installing
    the latest.

    I'm running a 128 ATI Radeon 9600, plain no XT/SE. I was getting 33.x fps
    in Doom 3 with the last version of the Omega's, I'm getting about 41 fps
    with the new ones.

    "dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
    >I have had much better luck with the Omegas than the Cats..smoother games
    > ,clearer images. I have tried to tweak the Cats to get them there but it
    > just ain't the same.

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics